Analyst: Financial Planning & Analysis
- 03-Jan-2019 to 04-Feb-2019 (MST)
- Accounting & Finance
- Castle Rock, CO, USA
- Negotiable (please list salary requirements)
- Full Time
SRP Companies (SRP) is the leading full-service, Private Equity backed category manager offering a customized suite of products (e.g. sunglasses, electronics, plush, novelty, apparel) to convenience store, amusement and hospitality channels. SRP's core competencies include product design, international sourcing, direct-store-delivery route services, and in-store display and merchandising of last-minute purchase items. With a foundation and infrastructure built over 45 years, the company is positioned for continued growth within its core channels and further growth into adjacent channels and categories, both organically and thru M&A.
We're building out our Finance & Analytics team to help drive SRP's growth and further enhance profitability. The FP&A Analyst will be an instrumental part of this team, with core responsibilities focused on financial reporting, budgeting & forecasting, and data analytics. The ideal candidate will be able to efficiently and thoroughly interpret financial statements and raw data to derive key business insights. This individual will be part of our Castle Rock, CO headquarters team providing financial/analytics support to SRP's business units to enable them to drive operational and financial results. The position reports to the VP of Finance and will include periodic travel.
- Lead weekly and monthly reporting processes across varied business segments to provide detailed review of financial performance and underlying business trends
- Work with finance & accounting managers and business leaders to evaluate results and understand variances vs. Budget and vs. Prior Year
- Develop, monitor and report key operational and financial metrics to help drive continuous organizational improvement
- Assist with monthly & quarterly reporting to Board of Directors and institutional lenders, including bank compliance reporting
- Participate in all aspects of annual Budget and interim forecasting processes
- Oversee detailed income statement, balance sheet and cash flow projections
- Partner with business leaders:
- To ensure budgets are complete, reasonable, & accurate and conform with established policies and procedures
- In the development and modeling of alternate business scenarios, initiatives and trends and ensure they are reflected in the financial planning process
- Manage data templates for divisional forecasting and integrate / maintain data in consolidated master Budget file
- Create, summarize, and present a wide-array of ad hoc analyses (using Excel, Oracle, and other Business Intelligence data sources) o
- g. trend & variance analysis, cost-benefit & pro forma analyses, acquisition analysis & synergy tracking, productivity initiative tracking, net working capital analysis, etc.
- Leverage technology to gradually migrate analytics from repetitive, manual processes to automated, recurring report
The ideal candidate will bring strong budgeting and planning skills and real operational savvy gained through hands-on experience. Experience with data driven analytics to drive performance is important. A proven ability to communicate effectively is essential. Personally, this individual will be an intelligent, quick learner with strong analytical horsepower. This person will be flexible in his/her style and approach, as well as adaptable to a rapidly changing environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Master's Degree a plus, but not required
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years finance / accounting / reporting experience
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Strong financial analysis, reporting and planning skills and advanced Excel skills
- Complete proficiency in MS Office and expertise in data modeling and reporting tools
- Solid understanding of GAAP
- Understanding of financial ERP systems (Oracle experience a strong plus)
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with proven ability to communicate effectively and collaborate across multiple functional groups
- Capacity to proactively manage competing priorities and ensure all deliverables meet deadlines
- Self-starter with intrinsic desire to learn and grow
SRP Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities, Women, Protected Veterans, Disabled, Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employer.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 968255