- 08-Aug-2019 to 07-Sep-2019 (MST)
- Lindon, UT, USA
- Full Time
SRP Companies (SRP) is the leading full-service category manager offering a broad selection of convenience, novelty, and point-of-sale products (e.g. sunglasses, electronics, plush, novelty, apparel) to convenience store, amusement and hospitality channels. Since 2016, the company has doubled revenues to $350 million via strategic acquisitions and is looking to continue with this trajectory combined with robust organic growth. To support future growth, the company is looking to hire a professional Demand Planner to manage and build on best practice demand planning processes and forecast management/generation activities to support supply chain operations across multiple divisions and recent acquisitions.
The ideal candidate will possess: (1) successful experience utilizing professional forecasting tools, managing demand and generating quality forecasts (2) a solid understanding of system functions and handoffs associated with ERP and Advanced Planning & Optimization tools (3) the ability to effectively collaborate with multi-functional teams (4) a highly motivated, analytical roll-up-the sleeves approach to problem solving, dealing effectively with ambiguity in a complex, high growth, dynamic environment. Reporting to the Director of Demand & Inventory Planning the position is based in Lindon, UT.
SRP Companies (SRP) is the leading full-service category manager offering a broad selection of convenience, novelty, and point-of-sales products to convenience store, amusement and hospitality channels. SRP's core competencies include product design, international sourcing, direct-store-delivery route services, and in-store display and merchandising of point-of-sale products. With a foundation and infrastructure built over 45 years, the company is positioned for continued growth within its core channels and further growth into adjacent channels and categories. The company has experienced substantial growth via acquisition over the past several years and has maintained a stable and experienced management team that has continued to enhance customer relationships.
As the clear market leader for general merchandise (e.g. sunglasses, electronics, plush toys, novelty, apparel) in the convenience store segment, the company currently serves >80% of the leading convenience stores including national customers like Quick Trip, Speedway, Wawa, Love's, Pilot, 7-Eleven, Casey's General Store, Kum & Go, and RaceTrac. With direct-store-delivery and scan-based trading (consignment) across a 50,000-store network, SRP's footprint is 10x the nearest competitor. SRP has been highly acquisitive completing numerous acquisitions in recent years.
The Position Functional Responsibilities
Demand Planning & Forecast Management. With a focus on service level optimization and inventory reduction, optimize forecasting tools and collaborate with key stakeholders to produce high quality forecasts for utilization in procurement decisions and financial forecasting management. Primary activities will include the following
- Adjustments to forecasts for unplanned demand and stock shortages
- Incorporating shrink, seasonality, and new business considerations
- Collaborating with internal stakeholders to ensure successful and timely launch of planned promotions
- Validating forecast output and measuring/reporting forecast error, MAPE, MAD, etc.
- Performing root cause analysis on out-of-tolerance variances and addressing root cause
- Collaborating with key stakeholders to validate trends, inventory levels, and service levels
- Collaborating with Procurement to ensure effective product lifecycle management
S&OP Expertise. Contribute to development a robust S&OP process that integrates reasonable best practices from existing divisions and recent acquisitions to a formalized corporate process of demand, supply, and inventory planning. Coordinate with functional and divisional leads to develop and align on "the plan", including developing build-up and drill-down capabilities by product categories. This requires the role to be big-pictured in optimally balancing the objectives and constraints of various divisions, functional departments, product categories, external suppliers/vendors, etc.
Leading Demantra Footprint Expansion. Partner with the CIO, Division Presidents, internal subject-matter-experts, and external consultants to lead the expansion of Oracle Demantra support across enterprise.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Minimum 5 years of progressive experience in demand and supply planning in an environment of appropriate size, structure, complexity, and context. Demonstrated experience working across multiple business units/locations, scaling operations of similar complexity and growth, and building talented teams.
- Experience with management of professional forecasting tools. Demantra experience preferred.
- Experience in forecast management and manipulation, exhibiting strong quantitative and analytical skills; proven accountability and success in balancing optimal inventory turns and customer fulfillment rates.
- Expertise participating in a cross-functional S&OP process; proficiency in forecasting, capacity and inventory planning.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills.
- A high degree of self-motivation, a roll-up-the-sleeves mentality, and familiarity dealing with ambiguity in a high growth environment.
- Flexibility, a high degree of energy and proactivity, and ability to accept constructive input from others.
- Bachelor's degree required, preference for Business, Finance, Engineering, or Supply Chain degree; MBA preferred
- Professional certification such as CFP, CSCP or CPIM desired
- Ability to occasionally travel within company's domestic locations
SRP Companies is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1159785