Director, Demand & Inventory Planning
- 10-Oct-2018 to 28-Feb-2019 (MST)
- Castle Rock, CO, USA
- Full Time
SRP Companies (SRP) is the leading full-service category manager offering a broad selection of convenience, novelty, and point-of-sale products (e.g. sunglasses, electronics, plush, novelty, apparel) to convenience store, amusement and hospitality channels. Since 2016, the company has doubled revenues to $350 million via strategic acquisitions and is looking to continue with this trajectory combined with robust organic growth. To support future growth, the company is looking to hire a Director, Demand & Inventory Planning to integrate an existing system of fragmented processes across different divisions and recent acquisitions to a single platform of appropriate processes in demand (Oracle Demantra) and supply chain planning (Oracle ASCP) tools.
The ideal candidate will possess: (1) experience integrating organic demand and supply chain planning processes to robust ERP tools [i.e. Oracle, SAP, Sage, etc.]; (2) the ability to build, lead, and develop high potential, multi-functional teams (3) a highly motivated, roll-up-the sleeves leadership approach, comfortable dealing with ambiguity and a track record of success in a high growth, dynamic environment. Reporting to the VP, Supply Chain the position is based at company headquarters in Castle Rock, CO.
SRP Companies (SRP) is the leading full-service category manager offering a broad selection of convenience, novelty, and point-of-sales products to convenience store, amusement and hospitality channels. SRP's core competencies include product design, international sourcing, direct-store-delivery route services, and in-store display and merchandising of point-of-sale products. With a foundation and infrastructure built over 45 years, the company is positioned for continued growth within its core channels and further growth into adjacent channels and categories. The company has experienced substantial growth via acquisition over the past several years and has maintained a stable and experienced management team that has continued to enhance customer relationships.
As the clear market leader for general merchandise (e.g. sunglasses, electronics, plush toys, novelty, apparel) in the convenience store segment, the company currently serves >80% of the leading convenience stores including national customers like Quick Trip, Speedway, Wawa, Love's, Pilot, 7-Eleven, Casey's General Store, Kum & Go, and RaceTrac. With direct-store-delivery and scan-based trading (consignment) across a 50,000-store network, SRP's footprint is 10x the nearest competitor. SRP has been highly acquisitive completing numerous acquisitions in recent years.
The Position Functional Responsibilities
S&OP Expertise. Develop a robust S&OP process that integrates reasonable best practices from existing divisions and recent acquisitions to a formalized corporate process of demand, supply, and inventory planning. Coordinate with functional and divisional leads to develop and align on "the plan", including developing build-up and drill-down capabilities by product categories. This requires the role to be big-pictured in optimally balancing the objectives and constraints of various divisions, functional departments, product categories, external suppliers/vendors, etc.
Leading/facilitating ERP Integration. Partner with the CIO, Division Presidents, internal subject-matter-experts, and external consultants to lead the implementation of Oracle ERP (Demantra, Advanced Supply Chain Planning [ASCP], Warehouse Management [WMS]) and establish & optimize best processes across the supply chain.
Business Intelligence / Reporting. Provide regular reporting to stakeholders regarding supply, capacity, or inventory positions. Develop a robust set of KPIs to monitor and track inventory efficiencies. Use metrics to further root cause and explore continuous improvement opportunities and help prioritize the efforts of the teams.
Human Capital Development. Identify, coach, and develop high-potential team members to empower them to make higher level decisions and improvement suggestions based on big-picture perspectives of the enterprise. Promote a culture of excellence and ensure that cross-functional teams are engaged and driving to a common goal. Be a "Field General", be engaged and accessible to the team members at all levels over various functions.
The ideal candidate will possess: (1) experience integrating organic demand and supply chain planning processes to robust ERP tools [i.e. Oracle, SAP, Sage, etc.]; (2) the ability to build, lead, and develop high potential, multi-functional teams (3) a highly motivated, roll-up-the sleeves leadership approach, comfortable dealing with ambiguity and a track record of success in a high growth, dynamic environment.
- 10 years of progressive experience in demand and supply planning in an environment of appropriate size, structure, complexity, and context. Demonstrated experience working across multiple business units/locations, scaling operations of similar complexity and growth, and building talented teams.
- Experience with ERP systems roll-out, preferably with Oracle (Demantra, ASCP, WMS) or SAP; past implementation experience a plus.
- Experience in forecasting, budgeting, strong quantitative and analytical skills; proven accountability and success in balancing optimal inventory turns and customer fulfillment rates.
- Expertise leading a cross-functional S&OP process; proficiency in forecasting, capacity and inventory planning.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with excellent communication [written, verbal, and presentation skills]; identifying and developing high-potential team members to empower them for higher level decision making, idea generation, continuous improvement.
- A highly motivated, roll-up-the-sleeves leader, comfortable dealing with ambiguity and thrives in a high growth environment. A flexible, energetic, proactive individual; able to motivate him/herself and others; easily accepts constructive input from others.
- Bachelor's degree required, preference for Business, Finance, Engineering, or Supply Chain degree; MBA preferred
- Ability to occasionally travel within company's domestic locations
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 906779