Distribution Center Manager
- 26-Sep-2019 to 25-Oct-2019 (MST)
- Distribution Center
- Sapulpa, OK, USA
- Depends on Experience
- Full Time
SRP Companies (SRP) is the leading full-service category manager offering a broad selection of convenience, novelty, and point-of-sale products (e.g. sunglasses, electronics, plush, novelty, apparel) to convenience store, amusement and hospitality channels. Since 2016, the company has doubled revenues to $350 million via strategic acquisitions and is looking to continue with this trajectory combined with robust organic growth. To support future growth, the company is looking to hire a Warehouse Manager to lead an established distribution center in Oklahoma.
SRP Companies (SRP) is the leading full-service category manager offering a broad selection of convenience, novelty, and point-of-sales products to convenience store, amusement and hospitality channels. SRP's core competencies include product design, international sourcing, direct-store-delivery route services, and in-store display and merchandising of point-of-sale products. With a foundation and infrastructure built over 45 years, the company is positioned for continued growth within its core channels and further growth into adjacent channels and categories. The company has experienced substantial growth via acquisition over the past several years and has maintained a stable and experienced management team that has continued to enhance customer relationships.
As the clear market leader for general merchandise (e.g. sunglasses, electronics, plush toys, novelty, apparel) in the convenience store segment, the company currently serves >80% of the leading convenience stores including national customers like Quick Trip, Speedway, Wawa, Love's, Pilot, 7-Eleven, Casey's General Store, Kum & Go, and RaceTrac. With direct-store-delivery and scan-based trading (consignment) across a 50,000-store network, SRP's footprint is 10x the nearest competitor. SRP services its network of 500 field service representatives through pick & pack small parcels and LTL operations from various distribution warehouses. The last mile delivery of the product to customers are done by field representatives using the company fleet.
The Position Functional Responsibilities
Distribution Center Competencies. Adapt, develop, and execute robust warehousing processes in an established facility. Processes include but are not limited to scheduling and planning, shipping and receiving, pick and pack, inventory management and control, budgeting, continuous improvement, etc.
Human Capital Development. Identify, coach, and develop high-potential team members to empower them to make higher level decisions and improvement suggestions based on big-picture perspectives of the enterprise. Promote a culture of excellence and ensure that cross-functional teams are engaged and driving to a common goal. Be a "Field General", be engaged and accessible to the team members at all levels over various functions.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- experience leading a significant team in distribution/pick & pack/fulfillment operations;
- experience managing sizable operations of 100-150 employees;
- expert level competencies in operating a sizable pick & pack operation including labor management, planning & scheduling, shipping/receiving, pick & pack, inventory management & integrity, health & safety, budgeting, etc.;
- the ability to build, lead, and develop multi-functional teams in a highly motivated, roll-up-the sleeves leadership approach, comfortable dealing with ambiguity and a track record of success in a high growth, dynamic environment.
- 8+ years of progressive experience in leading a significant team in distribution/pick & pack/fulfillment operations. Demonstrated experience working across multiple business units/locations, scaling operations of similar complexity and growth, and building talented teams.
- Experience in developing critical processes with keen eye on continuous improvement in sizable pick & pack operations including labor management, planning & scheduling, shipping/receiving, pick & pack, inventory management & integrity, health & safety, budgeting, etc.
- Experience with ERP systems, preferably with Oracle (Demantra, ASCP, WMS) or SAP; past implementation experience a plus.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with excellent communication [written, verbal, and presentation skills]; identifying and developing high-potential team members to empower them for higher level decision making, idea generation, continuous improvement.
- A highly motivated, roll-up-the-sleeves leader, comfortable dealing with ambiguity and thrives in a high growth environment. A flexible, energetic, proactive individual; able to motivate him/herself and others; easily accepts constructive input from others.
Bachelor's degree preferred, in Business, Finance, Engineering, or Supply Chain degree
Ability to occasionally travel within company's domestic locations
SRP Companies is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1205726