Electronics Product Coordinator
- 27-Jul-2020 to 25-Aug-2020 (MST)
- Product Development
- Sapulpa, OK, USA
- Full Time
SRP is a national leader in store merchandising solutions in more than 50,000 retail locations across the U.S. and Canada. Our products consist of fashionable eyewear, wireless accessories, and other trending and seasonal products.
We are looking for an Electronics Product Coordinator to join our team. This position can be based in either Castle Rock, CO or Sapulpa, OK.
As the Electronics Product Coordinator, you will assist in product lifecycle management for the electronics category (mostly mobile phone accessories). This position reports to the Sr. Product Manager for the electronics category and assists the Electronics Product team with the development and creation of new electronics products & accessories. This person will get up to speed on the category via setting up new items, business analysis and collaboration with cross-functional team members to execute key project tasks. As this person gains experience and proficiency, she/he will take ownership of projects and product launches. If you are creative and business minded, this is an excellent opportunity to enter the world of Product Management.
The ideal candidate would have a background in Product Development, Engineering, Industrial Design or a business background. She/he needs to have a passion and aptitude to learn about our products as well as a passion for growing a business.
This position collaborates with all Electronics team members, as well as cross-functional teams in Creative, Operations, Finance, Supply Chain and Sales. We are looking for a candidate with a positive attitude and excellent interpersonal skills.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the execution of all go-to-market development tasks to ensure all deadlines are met
- Connect with manufacturers and supply chain partners to lead current development and ensure successful execution
- Track development samples to ensure on-time delivery
- Review confirmation samples with Sr. Product Developer and send comments and samples to overseas vendors and QC team
- Assist in maintaining samples for trade shows, client meetings and showroom set-up
- Assist in special projects and communicate proactively with supporting teams to meet vital deadlines
- Assist in creating and maintaining product spec sheets and line sheets
- Assist in the creation of presentations and meetings
- Communicate proactively with all supporting teams to ensure required product or information is received by necessary deadlines
- Participate in prototype development and design from concept kick-off to final sample approval across Multiple brand lines, ensuring high quality, on-time completions.
- Bachelor's degree or 2-4 years of equivalent experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Power Point, Word and Outlook)
- Ability to lift 25 lbs
Skills & Abilities
- Passion for products and consumer insights (what do people need? Why? How? Where? When?)
- Must be a self-starter with the capacity to prioritize projects and meet deadlines
- Skill to successfully operate in a growing and evolving organization, balance multiple priorities, and work closely with peers and independently to achieve success
- Strong analytical skills, dedicated and enthusiastic with the ability to use thinking and reasoning to resolve a problem
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills and adept at altering style between working on the frontlines, with a customer or c-suite member
- Superb organization skills, detail oriented and ability to multitask in a fast-paced team environment
- Flexible and able to change priorities and direction quickly and effectively
- Comfort working in a matrixed organization with teams spread across at least three geographies
- Willingness and ability to travel around 25% of the time
- Interest to grow career outside of just electronics future assignments could be in eyewear, apparel, general merchandise, supplements, etc.
The optimal candidate will appreciate our competitive benefits package, paid holidays, PTO and many other perks such as 401k and FSA.
SRP Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities, Women, Protected Veterans, Disabled, Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employer.