Eye Wear Product Design and Developer
- 24-Mar-2019 to 23-Apr-2019 (MST)
- Product Development
- Castle Rock, CO, USA
- Full Time
SRP Companies specializes in consumer-packaged goods and in-store merchandising services to over 50,000 locations throughout the US and Canada. Since our founding as a regional distributor of sunglasses in 1969, SRP Companies has grown to become a national leader providing merchandising solutions for high demand consumer brands in eyewear, mobile accessories, work gloves, wearables and other general merchandise categories, throughout multiple retail channels. Our go-to-market strategy includes our extensive selection of CPG brands portfolio to develop customized assortments that appeal to a broad range of consumer demographics aligned with their lifestyle choices and shopping behaviors. We are experiencing tremendous growth due to our strong dedication to Platinum Level Category Management and continuously exceeding customer's expectations with our creative products and services.
We are looking for an expert in creative eyewear product development. Responsibilities include crafting and curating our collections of Pugs Premium eyewear, with an emphasis on everyday sunglasses, sports frames, safety & driving glasses, goggles, and accessories.
This position is located in Castle Rock, Colorado*. Relocation is required, and assistance is available for you when offered the position. Candidate could potentially work from our Lindon, UT office.
The position reports to the Senior Product Development manager and is responsible for sourcing and developing products that are in step with current trends and match SRP target customer demographics. This position collaborates with other eyewear team members, as well as marketing and sales personnel. If you are a passionate eyewear designer with the insight to bring together colors, style, and function to build exciting and sellable product lines.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Participate in design and prototype development from concept kick-off to final sample approval across eyewear lines, ensuring high quality, on-time completions. Including but not limited to Material issues and approvals, style # and name assignment and tooling process
- Collaborate with the marketing team and overseas vendors to develop all packaging, and displays
- Communicate with manufacturer and supply chain partners to lead current development and ensure successful execution
- Maintain and monitor design development calendar; maintain wholesale pricing data
- Request and maintain all technical/dimensional information for each style relating to construction and composition
- Review samples with all groups within company for final approvals
- Manage costs and work to improve margins through negotiation and creative design choices.
- Collaborate with Supply Chain for vendor assignment, pricing analysis, materials, components and scheduling capacities
- Research, source and recommend new materials and techniques
- Maintaining VLP including all color, material and style details to be referenced company-wide for each season launch
- Gather direct market research and work closely with sales team to ensure product line meets channel and consumer needs
- Communicate effectively with all supporting teams - design, marketing, purchasing, sales and senior leadership - to ensure required product or information is received by necessary deadlines
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in experience and training required
- Minimum 3-4 years experience in product development, 3 of which should be specifically in eyewear development
- Knowledge of eyewear industry required. Sports, active, lifestyle brand experience preferred
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent project management specifically managing large projects.
- Proven working knowledge of MS Office, Word, Excel, online calendar and project management, PLM systems. Illustrator and CAD experience a plus.
- Strong analytical skills,excellent social skills and experience with overseas procurement and industry
- Excellent verbal, written and social communication skills
- Excellent organization skills, detail oriented and ability to multitask
- Flexible and able to quickly and effectively change priorities and direction
- Ability to travel domestic and international
- Enthusiasm with a real passion for active lifestyle
- Ability to successfully operate in a growing and evolving organization, handle multiple priorities, projects and work closing with all related departments to ensure the success of yourself and peers
- Medical and dental insurance
- Life and long-term disability insurance
- 401k with company matching contributions
SRP companies provides Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability and any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1034807