Eyewear Industrial Designer/Product Developer
- 15-Oct-2020 to 14-Nov-2020 (MST)
- Product Development
- Castle Rock, CO, USA
- Full Time
SRP is a national leader in store merchandising solutions in more than 50,000 retail locations across the U.S. and Canada. Our products consist of fashionable eyewear, wireless accessories, and other trending and seasonal products.
Our Mission Statement is to: Exceed Expectations through Passion, Performance and Profitability.
We are looking for an Eyewear Industrial Designer/Product Developer to join our team. This position is based in Castle Rock, Colorado.
As the Eyewear Designer/Product Development Manager, you will manage the product lifecycle from Product creation through commercialization. This position reports to the Eyewear Director and handles the overall product development process including product creation & design, product coloring, costing, factory communication, packaging, time-line management and meeting all deliverables for all eyewear & accessories projects for Men's, Women's and Kids. If you are an Industrial Designer or Fashion Designer with Product Line Management experience being both creative and business minded, this is an extraordinary opportunity to enter the world of Product Development.
The ideal candidate should have a background in Product Development, Product Line Management, Eyewear Design, Industrial Design or Fashion Design & Merchandising and is passionate about eyewear.
This position collaborates with all eyewear team members, as well as cross-functional teams in Marketing, Operations and Sales. We are looking for a candidate with a positive personality and excellent interpersonal skills.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage the execution of all Go to Market design/development tasks to ensure all deadlines are met
- Identification of short-term and long-term product development initiatives including consumer, shopper & market trends
- Lead prototype design and development from concept kick-off to final sample approval across eyewear lines, ensuring high quality, on-time completions.
- Ensure all cost and margin structures are met for the Eyewear Category
- Create trend boards for presentations and meetings
- Communicate with manufacturers and supply chain partners to lead current development and ensure successful execution
- Track development samples to ensure on-time delivery
- Maintain sample, swatch and digital libraries
- Review confirmation samples with Eyewear Director and send comments and samples to overseas vendors and QC team
- Inventory Management and Exit Strategy Planning for Promotional Programs
- Monitor and analyze retailer POS data to optimize POG volume and profitability
- Shop the market to create competitive price point analysis and ensure our products are appropriately priced
- Prepare and maintain samples for trade shows, client meetings and showroom set-up
- Create and maintaining product spec sheets and line sheets for each collection
- Communicate proactively with all supporting teams; Marketing, Purchasing, Sales and senior leadership to ensure required product or information is received by necessary deadlines
- Responsible for Quality Assurance and ensuring product meets all eyewear regulations
- Experience presenting product lines to management, sales teams and retailers
- Travel to Asia, trade shows, market visits and other corporate offices
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field or equivalent
- Experience 6-10 years in product development/PLM/Industrial Design or related field
- Strong Experience in coloring eyewear or related product
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Power Point, Word and Outlook) & Creative Suite (Illustrator & Photoshop)
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to be a self-starter by taking ownership of projects
- Capacity to prioritize projects and meet deadlines
- Skill to successfully operate in a growing and evolving organization, balance multiple priorities and work closely with peers and independently to achieve success
- Training in design, strong color sense and an eye for trends
- Strong analytical skills, dedicated and enthusiastic with the ability to use thinking and reasoning to resolve a problem
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Superb organization skills, detail oriented and ability to multitask in a fast-paced team environment
- Flexible and able to quickly and effectively change priorities and direction
- Operate a camera and be able to download and upload images
- Enthusiasm and passion for Eyewear
SRP Companies is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer