General Ledger Accountant
- 06-Jun-2019 to 05-Jul-2019 (MST)
- Accounting & Finance
- Castle Rock, CO, USA
- Full Time
Who We Are
At SRP, we are a national leader in store merchandising solutions in more than 50,000 retail locations across the U.S. and Canada since 1969. We provide fashionable eyewear, wireless accessories and other high demand products. We are committed to superior products and delivering platinum customer service. Our teammates focus and contribute to ensure our customers are satisfied while taking pride in our work, our products and dedication to customer service. We are steadily growing and we need professionals like you to carry our vision forward. We provide extraordinary service and value to our customers. By joining our team, you will become part of a high energy group of people. This dedication has allowed SRP to establish a dominant brand and excellent reputation with large corporate customers as well as independent retailers. If you like to work in a high pace environment, this may be the career for you.
Are you an experienced accountant with attention to detail looking to land at a company with substantial growth through both organic growth and acquisitions? SRP Companies, headquartered in Castle Rock, is growing its accounting staff and in need of an experienced General Ledger Accountant to improve month end close efficiency.
Our Mission Statement:
Exceed Expectations through Passion, Performance and Profitability.
Who are we? We are SRP Companies and we want you to join the Team.
The question is who are you?
General Ledger Accountant
Support the Corporate Controller and Accounting Department of the company. Typical responsibilities include:
- Preparation of month end reconciliations and accruals
- Tracking cash flow and prepare weekly cash forecast
- Oversight and maintenance of inventory deposits and prepaid expenses
- Manage fixed asset system and accounting, including capital leases
- Calculating and reconciling commissions and royalties
- Work in conjunction with Finance team for month end reporting
- Provide support and analysis for year-end audit
- Manage accounting compliance items, including filings and sales taxes
- Special projects and reports as needed
- Bachelor's degree in accounting preferred
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience in the accounting field
- Strong Excel skills
- Public accounting experience a strong plus
- Highly detail oriented and exceptional organization skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Desire for growth and inquisitive attitude a must
- Experience with Oracle a plus
SRP Companies is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1102754