Inbound Transportation Analyst
- 21-Aug-2019 to 20-Sep-2019 (MST)
- Virginia Beach, VA, USA
- Full Time
We are a national leader in store merchandising solutions in more than 50,000 retail locations across the U.S. and Canada since 1969. Fiesta, a Division of SRP Companies offers a wide selection of well-designed novelty items. Fiesta's success has been based on diversification in its product lines, customer base and wide distribution. We also provide fashionable eye wear, wireless accessories and other high demand products. We are committed to superior products and delivering platinum customer service. Our teammates focus and contribute to ensure our customers are satisfied while taking pride in our work, our products and dedication to customer service. We are steadily growing, and we need professionals like you to carry our vision forward. We provide extraordinary service and value to our customers. By joining our team, you will become part of a high energy group of people. This dedication has allowed SRP to establish a dominant brand and excellent reputation with large corporate customers as well as independent retailers. If you like to work in a high pace environment, this may be the career for you.
As the clear market leader for general merchandise (e.g. sunglasses, electronics, plush toys, novelty, apparel) in the convenience store segment, the company currently serves >80% of the leading convenience stores including national customers like Quick Trip, Speedway, Wawa, Love's, Pilot, 7-Eleven, Casey's General Store, Kum & Go, and RaceTrac. With direct-store-delivery and scan-based trading (consignment) across a 50,000-store network, SRP's footprint is 10x the nearest competitor. SRP has been highly acquisitive completing numerous acquisitions in recent years.
The ideal candidate will possess: (1) successful experience utilizing professional forecasting tools, managing demand and generating quality forecasts (2) a solid understanding of system functions and handoffs associated with ERP and Advanced Planning & Optimization tools (3) the ability to effectively collaborate with multi-functional teams (4) a highly motivated, analytical roll-up-the sleeves approach to problem solving, dealing effectively with ambiguity in a complex, high growth, dynamic environment. Reporting to the Director of Demand & Inventory Planning the position is based in Lindon, UT.
The Position Functional Responsibilities
Operational Transactional Management. Company's existing supply chain relies nearly entirely on importing goods from low cost countries. This role will interact significantly with internal buyers, international vendors, freight forwarders, brokers, and warehouse receiving staff in arranging and executing for the prompt, efficient, and cost-effective methods to import product to our three major distribution centers.
- Schedule inbound shipments between buyers, warehouse staff, vendors, and freight forwarders for product to be received promptly.
- Identify potential supply chain delays and alert affected functions to compose, coordinate, and execute contingencies.
- Solicit optimal transportation quotes for services outside of general service level contracts.
- Service other stakeholders/functions in the company on transportation status updates for BOLs, airway bills, etc.
Process Optimization. Company's supply chain desires to operate at a world class standard through steady, gradual, but continuous improvement of existing processes. This role will develop methods to capture exceptions, errors, areas of opportunity through meaningful, non-cumbersome reporting. Opportunities will be periodically analyzed and summarized for actionable projects/improvements.
- Develop and execute reports to track transportation vendor, freight forwarder, broker performance.
- Conduct root cause analysis for ad hoc/emergency air shipments.
- Summarize periodic reviews to determine actionable measures to improve.
- Sustain improvements.
Vendor Management. This position/function will lead vendor negotiations on inbound ocean (annually) and air (quarterly) transportation. The result must be a optimal blend of cost and service that is reasonable for the Company's operations.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Minimum 5 years of progressive experience in international logistics, freight forwarding, and/or brokerage.
- Experience with vendor negotiations on annual/quarterly contracts.
- The ability to quickly adapt to new situations as company is rapidly growing with organic growth and acquisitions. Newly acquired business units may have significantly different logistics needs from existing operations.
- Excellent written, verbal and communication skills; candidate must be able to concisely describe a complicated scenario into approachable work segments.
- A high degree of self-motivation, a roll-up-the-sleeves mentality, and familiarity dealing with ambiguity in a high growth environment.
- Flexibility, a high degree of energy and proactivity, and ability to accept constructive input from others.
- Bachelor's degree required, preference for Business, Finance, Engineering, or Supply Chain degree
- Professional certification such as CFP, CSCP or CPIM a plus
- Ability to occasionally travel within company's domestic locations
SRP Companies is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1172237