Inventory Control Cost Accountant
- 02-Aug-2019 to 13-Sep-2019 (MST)
- Accounting & Finance
- Lindon, UT, USA
- Full Time
Who We Are
At SRP, we are a national leader in store merchandising solutions in more than 50,000 retail locations across the U.S. and Canada since 1969. We provide fashionable eyewear, wireless accessories and other high demand products. We are committed to superior products and delivering platinum customer service. Our teammates focus and contribute to ensure our customers are satisfied while taking pride in our work, our products and dedication to customer service. We are steadily growing, we need professionals like you to carry our vision forward. We provide extraordinary service and value to our customers. By joining our team, you will become part of a high energy group of people. This dedication has allowed SRP to establish a dominant brand and excellent reputation with large corporate customers as well as independent retailers. If you like to work in a high pace environment, this may be the career for you.
Our Mission Statement:
Exceed Expectations through Passion, Performance and Profitability.
Who are we? We are SRP Companies and we want you to join the Team.
The question is who are you?
Job duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and analyze physical inventory counts and cycle counts to ensure accuracy of both the warehouse and field operations; reconcile differences and recommend adjustments
- Analyze inventory movement, calculate turns and analyze trends by product line
- Review inventory items for obsolescence and recommend reserves
- Review inventory item costs to ensure accuracy
- Assist with monthly, quarterly and annual financial statement closing process, which includes, but is not limited to: performing various reconciliations, reconciling inventory accruals and pre-paids, and proposing journal entries
- Compile and record internally built fixed assets for capitalization in fixed asset records
- Maintain fixed asset records for externally purchased capital assets
- Prepare various audit schedules and respond to auditor inquiries
- Perform ad hoc analysis of inventory and create reports as requested
- Oversee Cycle Count Team
- Review cost of goods sold based on average cost
- Proactively review and manage inventory changes to advise leadership of potential issues or recommendations
- Perform other duties as requested
Experience and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting. (May substitute an associate degree plus 4 years' experience in general accounting)
- 4+ years of cost accounting experience, preferably in a distribution or manufacturing environment
- Competency in accounting software use
- Intermediate of higher Excel expertise, including tables, pivot tables, lookups, and complex formulas and functions
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate clearly yet diplomatically
- Ability to work well in cross-functional teams
- Perform routine job functions without supervision
SRP Companies is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1154155