Product Design & Development Assistant
- 25-May-2019 to 24-Jul-2019 (MST)
- Product Development
- Sapulpa, OK, USA
- Full Time
Who We Are
At SRP, we are a national leader in store merchandising solutions in more than 50,000 retail locations across the U.S. and Canada since 1969. We provide fashionable eyewear, wireless accessories and other high demand products. We are committed to superior products and delivering platinum customer service. Our teammates focus and contribute to ensure our customers are satisfied while taking pride in our work, our products and dedication to customer service. We are steadily growing and we need professionals like you to carry our vision forward. We provide extraordinary service and value to our customers. By joining our team, you will become part of a high energy group of people. This dedication has allowed SRP to establish a dominant brand and excellent reputation with large corporate customers as well as independent retailers. If you like to work in a high pace environment, this may be the career for you.
Our Mission Statement is to: Exceed Expectations through Passion, Performance and Profitability.
Who are we? We are SRP Companies and we want you to join the Team.
The question is who are you?
We are looking for an Product Design & Development Assistant to join our team. This position is based in Sapulpa, OK.
As the Product Design & Development Assistant, you will assist in product, packaging and display design and meeting deliverables for Electronics Category projects. This position reports to the Sr. Electronics Product category manager and assists the Electronics Product team with the development and creation of new electronics products & accessories. If you are creative and business minded, this is a phenomenal opportunity to enter the world of Product Development.
The ideal candidate would have a background and interest in Product Development, Industrial Design, and is passionate about quality and details.
This position collaborates with all Electronics team members, as well as cross-functional teams in Marketing, Operations and Sales. We are looking for a candidate with a positive attitude and excellent interpersonal skills.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in special graphic and packaging design projects and communicate proactively with supporting teams to meet necessary deadlines
- Communicate with manufacturers and supply chain partners to lead current development and ensure successful execution
- Track projects to ensure on-time delivery
- Review confirmation samples with Sr. Product Developer and send comments and samples to overseas vendors and QC team
- Assist in creating samples for trade shows, client meetings and showroom set-up
- Support the execution of all go-to-market product development tasks to ensure all deadlines are met
- Assist in the creation of presentations and meetings
- Communicate proactively with all supporting teams Marketing, Purchasing, Sales and senior leadership to ensure required product or information is received by necessary deadlines
- Participate in prototype development and design from concept kick-off to final sample approval across Multiple brand lines, ensuring high quality, on-time completions.
- Bachelor's degree or 0-3 year experience equivalent in product packaging graphics and development or related field
- Proficient in Creative Suite programs (Illustrator & Photoshop). Microsoft Office (Excel, Power Point, Word and Outlook) would also be very helpful.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs
Skills & Abilities
- Training in design, strong color sense and an eye for trends
- Ability to be a self-starter by taking ownership of projects
- Capacity to prioritize projects and meet deadlines
- Skill to successfully operate in a growing and evolving organization, handle multiple priorities and work closely with peers and independently to achieve success
- Strong analytical skills, dedicated and enthusiastic with the ability to use thinking and reasoning to resolve a problem
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Superb organization skills, detail oriented and ability to multitask in a fast-paced team environment
- Flexible and able to quickly and effectively change priorities and direction
- Operate a camera and be able to download and upload images
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Life and long-term disability insurance
- 401k with company matching contributions
SRP Companies is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1092600