Senior Inventory Accountant
- 01-Apr-2019 to 31-May-2019 (MST)
- Accounting & Finance
- Castle Rock, CO, USA
- Full Time
Who We Are
At SRP, we are a national leader in store merchandising solutions in more than 50,000 retail locations across the U.S. and Canada since 1969. We provide fashionable eyewear, wireless accessories and other high demand products. We are committed to superior products and delivering platinum customer service. Our teammates focus and contribute to ensure our customers are satisfied while taking pride in our work, our products and dedication to customer service. We are steadily growing and we need professionals like you to carry our vision forward. We provide extraordinary service and value to our customers. By joining our team, you will become part of a high energy group of people. This dedication has allowed SRP to establish a dominant brand and excellent reputation with large corporate customers as well as independent retailers. If you like to work in a high pace environment, this may be the career for you.
Our Mission Statement is to: Exceed Expectations through Passion, Performance and Profitability.
Who are we? We are SRP Companies and we want you to join the Team.
The question is who are you?
Are you a skilled Senior Inventory Accountant looking to land at a company with substantial growth through both organic growth and acquisitions? SRP Companies, headquartered in Castle Rock, is growing its accounting staff and in need of experienced inventory accounting resources to lead our inventory teams in our distribution centers across the country. SRP is the number one manufacturer, distributor and merchandising servicer of general merchandise in convenience stores across the US and Canada.
Responsibilities of the Senior Inventory Accountant:
- Oversee divisional inventory accounting teams of the company including: Physical validation of inventory
- Verification and review of costing accuracy
- Cycle counting procedures and improvements
- Documentation of inventory processes and controls
- Assist in future software implementation (rollout of Oracle R12 throughout the divisions and future acquisitions)
- Aid in maximizing inventory turnover
- Identify slow moving/obsolete issues and opportunities
- Calculation of inventory reserves and capitalization of landing costs Monitoring and reporting on shrink of consigned inventory
- Special projects as needed
Qualifications of the Senior Inventory Accountant Reporting Position:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Minimum 5-8 years of experience, with a focus on inventory accounting with manufacturing/cost accounting experience
- Average costing experience a plus
- Strong Excel skills
- Public accounting experience a strong plus
- Highly detail oriented and exceptional organization skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to understand and manage a high volume of inventory transactions and remote team members in multiple distribution center locations.
- Some travel required (<20%)
SRP Companies is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1043188