Systems Administrator - Support Engineer
- 24-May-2021 to 23-Jun-2021 (MST)
- Castle Rock, CO, USA
- Full Time
SRP, a structured and fast-growing wholesale distribution organization in the Denver Metropolitan area, is looking for a dependable, thorough, and professional Systems Administrator - Support Engineer focused on customer service who is willing to work hard in a steady paced, results oriented team with opportunities for advancement. As a Systems Administrator-Support Engineer, you will, in association with other members of your team, maintain and support all of the Information Technology related items our internal and external customer with accuracy and care. By using a structured process, the Systems Administrator provides end-user support, customer service, systems administration, planning and communication to multiple departments and divisions via onsite and offsite efforts. Along with your team, you will provide leadership to the customers regarding server, networking and desktop support, systems design, engineering, and maintenance support.
- Maintain solid customer relationships by handling questions and concerns with efficiency and professionalism.
- Resolve customer and system issues by determining the real or underlying cause of an incident (root cause analysis) in order to prevent future recurrences. Also support break fix efforts of system/server related issues.
- Ensures that service commitments are met within standard response time.
- Communicates via phone, email, video with customers and teammates.
- Configure and tune operating systems for servers and client systems using the following operation systems: Microsoft Windows 7,8,10/Windows Server 2019/Server 2016/Server 2012/Server 2008 services.
- Provide maintenance of the system/server's infrastructure including patching, system upgrades, backups, and system configuration changes.
- Develop document and store standard operating procedures and best practices in our technical repository.
- Trains customers on the use and basic maintenance of their IT Assets.
- Completes all required paperwork (time sheets, statements of work, tickets, etc.).
- Assist other technicians, sales staff and administrative staff as requested.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum of 8 years IT customer support experience
- Minimum of 4 years' experience with Windows administration in an enterprise environment
- Bachelor's Degree in computer information systems (CIS), Information Technology or related engineering discipline, with appropriate background and knowledge of current industry technologies and industry standards for enterprise networks to include TCP/IP infrastructure and other IP enabled technologies.
- Customer Service Focused, enjoys helping others with technology and driven to customer satisfaction.
- Strong Knowledge of the following technologies:
- Linux and various variants (Knopix, Oracle Linux, etc..)
- Microsoft Windows
- Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft Office and associated applications
- Patch Management
- Basic networking topology, hardware, and software
- Office 365 Certification Roadmap
- Basic data backup hardware and software
- Active Directory, DNS, DHCP,
- Advanced level problem solving and root cause analysis skills
- Customer service focus, and strong interface/communication skills
- Competent and professional written and verbal communication skills
A Career with SRP is Rewarding! We Offer:
- A fun and supportive culture
- Management support and one on one mentorship
- Immediate Health, Vision and Dental benefit plan
- 401K with a company contribution
- Holiday Pay
- And More....