Area Service Manager (ASM)
- 11-Feb-2021 to Until Filled (MST)
- Delivery and Merchandising
- Austin, TX, USA
- Full Time
SRP Companies is seeking to hire a full-time Area Sales Manager
We pay a competitive wage and sales bonuses. We also offer solid benefits including health, vision, dental, a 401(k) with company contribution, paid time off (PTO), holiday pay, a company vehicle and fuel card, ongoing training at SRP University, Dodge Friends and Family Discount, and daily per diem for overnight travel. If this sounds like the opportunity you've been searching for, apply today!
ABOUT SRP COMPANIES
We are a wholesale supplier and our category management services optimize product mix and merchandising, improve retailer sales and profits, and allow store operators to focus on other core responsibilities. We promise to provide the best service and category management possible at every step of the process from source to shelf. Our dedication has allowed us to establish a dominant brand and excellent reputation with large corporate customers as well as independent retailers.
We are a growing company with a vision of E2P3 - Exceeding Expectations through Passion, Performance, and Profitability. We need hard-working employees to carry our vision forward. By joining our team, you will become part of a high-energy group of people. We also offer our employees competitive compensation, generous benefits, and a work environment that people want to be a part of.
Area Sales Manager Job Purpose:
Responsible for leading a team of RSR's for an assigned geographic area in the execution of sales initiatives to ensure SRP Product lines are sold and serviced in all assigned accounts.
Area Service Manager Job Duties:
- Lead, develop and mentor sales team to achieve a high performance, team-oriented environment
- Ensure superior customer service and foster a customer service environment.
- Grow revenue through volume
- Ensure training of new hires and ongoing training of sales team.
- Ensure safety by establishing behaviors that ensure a safe working environment is provided and ensure employees are trained on safe working techniques.
- Work with management team to continuously foster a positive work environment and establish the organization as an employer of choice.
- Make proper asset placement and removal decisions.
- Set performance goals according to SRP goals and objectives.
- Review and analyze sales performance against programs, and plans to determine effectiveness.
- Analyze statistical data and reports to identify areas for continuous improvement.
- Ensure clean appearance of all SRP products in accounts.
- Perform required vehicle checks.
- Maintain professional, team relationships with co-workers and customers.
- Conform with, abide by, and re-enforce all regulations, policies, work procedures, and processes.
- On time follow through on commitments made to customers and co-workers.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Sales, Marketing, or Business
- 3-5 years of supervisory experience with progressive managerial responsibilities.
- Microsoft Office proficiency including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- 3 plus years' of sales management experience leading a sales team required
- 5 plus years' of Direct Store Delivery (DSD)
- Willingness and ability for frequent overnight travel
- At least 18 years of age
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver's license and a good driving record
- Ability to pass a background check
- Physical ability to lift 50 pounds and bend, push, stoop, and kneel for extended periods of time
- Tech savvy (smartphone apps, Outlook, Excel, and Zoom)
- Flexibility to work 50 hours a week in all weather conditions
- Willing to travel overnight on selected routes
Do you have a positive, can-do attitude? Are you an outgoing people person? Are you attentive to detail? Do you have excellent organizational skills and a dedication to accuracy? Can you effectively multitask? Do you have great problem-solving and decision-making skills? Are you a hard worker who is driven to achieve goals? Do you enjoy driving? If so, apply for this position by filling out our initial quick, mobile-friendly application!