- 25-Jun-2021 to 31-Jul-2021 (MST)
- Accounting & Finance
- Castle Rock, CO, USA
- Full Time
SRP Companies ("SRP") is the leading outsourced full-service category manager offering a customized suite of high-margin products to the convenience store channel through its route-based, in-store merchandising programs. SRP's network of over 300 distribution facilities and drivers allow it to serve customers nationwide, and it is a provider to the vast majority of the top 50 convenience store chains.
SRP's core competencies include product and display design, international sourcing, route-based services, and in-store merchandising, covering multiple product categories including consumer electronics, sunglasses, apparel, and novelty merchandise. The company provides Direct-Store Delivery ("DSD") services to over 40,000 individual retail locations in the US and Canada, visiting each store on a weekly or monthly basis to replenish inventory, repair and refresh displays, and rotate seasonal merchandise. SRP's customers enjoy a fully outsourced model that drives improved same-store sales in the highest product margin categories for convenience stores. In addition, SRP has several subsidiary divisions that service other end markets, including theme parks, casinos, cruise lines, and airports.
- Oversee the monthly closing process including consolidation, internal management reporting and monthly forecasts
- Oversee functions responsible for GL, Fixed Assets, Treasury, Accounts Payable, Payroll & Master Data
- Partner with other finance functions for monthly and quarterly close activities
- Drive efforts to streamline and continually improve the effectiveness, timeliness and accuracy of the monthly closing process
- Assist with internal financial and management reporting activities and coordinate monthly financial review for SRP and Aurora Capital Partners
- Provide analysis of results against operating plans, budgets and forecasts
- Forecast short-range and long-range cash requirements. Work with the business leaders to optimize working capital and manage capital expenditures
- Manage the consolidated weekly cash requirements of the divisions
- Act as liaison to internal and external auditors and manage annual audit process
- Manage depository banking relationship
- Develop relationship with lenders and manage the periodic payments and interest rate notices/renewals
- Remain current in all relevant aspects of U.S. GAAP and guide the business appropriately
- Manage, develop and mentor direct reporting personnel
- Manage the Tax compliance and accounting team (outsourced) and ensure compliance with sales/use/other tax requirements and filings
Key Selection Criteria:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- 6-10 years of progressive management experience in accounting, CPG experience highly preferred
- Experience managing month end close, general ledger and account reconciliation
- Experience managing annual audit process
- Strong accounting background with focus on internal controls
- Deep knowledge of US GAAP; conceptual and practical experience in researching, understanding and communicating technical accounting issues
- Strong focus on improving processes and systems
- Excellent communication skills
- Process- and detail orientation; strong analytical and quantitative skills and superior accounting skills
- Ability and desire to own assigned accounting functions with demonstrated ability to lead and manage a large team
- Adaptable and flexible to change in response to new information, different or unexpected circumstances, and or to work in ambiguous situations
- Strong background using ERP system
- Public accounting experience of 2 years plus highly valued
- CPA or MBA considered a plus.
A Career with SRP is Rewarding! We Offer:
- A fun and supportive culture
- Management support and one on one mentorship
- Immediate Health, Vision and Dental benefit plan
- 401K with a company contribution
- Holiday Pay
- And More....
More About SRP:
SRP is committed to outstanding products and delivering platinum customer service. Our teammates focus and contribute to ensure our customers are satisfied while taking pride in our work, our products and dedication to customer service. We are a growing company, and we need service professionals like you to carry our vision forward. By joining SRP you will become part of a high energy group of people. This dedication has allowed SRP to establish a dominant brand and excellent reputation with large corporate customers as well as independent retailers.
In compliance with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the salary range for this role in Colorado is $110,000 - $120,000. This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, as final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location.