Assistant Product Development Manager
- 16-Nov-2020 to 15-Dec-2020 (MST)
- Product Development
- Castle Rock, CO, USA
- Full Time
SRP is a national leader in store merchandising solutions in more than 50,000 retail locations across the U.S. and Canada. Our products consist of fashionable eyewear, wireless accessories, and other trending and seasonal products.
Our Mission Statement is to: Exceed Expectations through Passion, Performance and Profitability.
We are looking for an eyewear Assistant Product Development Manager to join our team. This position is based in Castle Rock, Colorado.
As the Assistant Product Development Manager, you will assist in product lifecycle management from product creation through commercialization. This position reports to the Product Development Manager and assists with the product development process including product creation & design, product coloring, factory communications, packaging, time-line management and helping the team meet all deliverables for all eyewear & accessories projects for Men's Women's and Kids. If you are creative and business minded, this is a phenomenal opportunity to enter the world of Product Development.
The ideal candidate should have a background in Product Development, Product Line Management, Eyewear Design, Industrial Design, Fashion Design or Merchandising and is passionate about eyewear.
This position collaborates with all eyewear team members, as well as cross-functional teams in Marketing, Operations and Sales. We are looking for a candidate with a positive attitude and excellent interpersonal skills.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the execution of all GTM development tasks to ensure all deadlines are met
- Communicate with manufacturers and supply chain partners to aid current development and ensure successful execution
- Track development samples to ensure on-time delivery
- Maintain sample, swatch and digital libraries
- Review confirmation samples with Product Development Manager and send comments and samples to overseas vendors and QC team
- Prepare and maintain samples for trade shows, client meetings and showroom set-up
- Assist in creating and maintaining product spec sheets and line sheets for each collection
- Assist in the creation of trend boards for presentations and meetings
- Communicate proactively with all supporting teams Marketing, Purchasing, Sales and senior leadership to ensure required product or information is received by necessary deadlines
- Participate in prototype development and design from concept kick-off to final sample approval across eyewear lines, ensuring high quality, on-time completions.
- Assist in coloring product, a strong sense of color preferred
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field or equivalent
- Experience 3-5 years in product development or related field
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Power Point, Word and Outlook) & Creative Suite (Illustrator & Photoshop)
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
Skills & Abilities
- Training in product development & design, strong color sense and an eye for trends
- Experience with POGs and Merchandising product
- Exposure to packaging product, shipper & promo displays
- Ability to be a self-starter by taking ownership of projects
- Capacity to prioritize projects and meet deadlines
- Skill to successfully operate in a growing and evolving organization, handle multiple priorities and work closely with peers and independently to achieve success
- Strong analytical skills, dedicated and enthusiastic with the ability to use thinking and reasoning to resolve a problem
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Superb organization skills, detail oriented and ability to multitask in a fast-paced team environment
- Flexible and able to quickly and effectively change priorities and direction
- Operate a camera and be able to download and upload images
- Enthusiasm and passion for Eyewear
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Life and long-term disability insurance
- 401k with company matching contributions
SRP Companies is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.