Commercial Team Business Analyst
- 10-Sep-2021 to 09-Nov-2021 (MST)
- Accounting & Finance
- Castle Rock, CO, USA
- Full Time
SRP Companies is looking for a Commercial Business Analyst to join our Finance Department in Castle Rock, CO. Using internal and external data, the Business Analyst provides value-added analytical insights on business and industry, customer, and category trends to support the Commercial Team. The Commercial Team Business Analyst proactively analyzes the business to assess marketing programs, product categories, and customer P&L's and effectively communicates findings to team members. Collaborates with the Team to provide analytical support in developing strategies and solutions that benefit both SRP and its customers. Assists with the preparation and generation of compelling fact-based sales presentations. Demonstrates the ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Proactively anticipate business and insights to identify opportunities and proactively communicate with the Commercial Team.
- Inspect the effectiveness of active process improvement initiatives and make valuable recommendations
- Works with team members to prepare monthly reports and/or manage special projects, as directed or assigned.
- Develop, create and explain business analytics to deliver critical insights and fuel growth agendas
- Ensures Commercial Team accurately measures customer and product profitability.
- Collaborates with Sales Leaders, Forecasting, and Project Management Teams to ensure accuracy of sales forecasting
- Gather data across a wide variety of platforms as needed to perform business analytics
- Work with Sales Leaders and the Product Team to generate the financial analysis on new business and promotional opportunities
- Monitors promotion execution vs. guidelines to ensure Sales is following strategy to minimize product plans and promotional opportunities
- Assist Customer Sales Teams in leading customer analysis, tracking and evaluating customer plan results versus business plan and communicating issues and opportunities accordingly
- Collaborate with Product and Marketing to distill primary and secondary research down to easy-to-digest insights
- Work with the Product Team to create and manage the financial analysis for new products, innovation, and product lifecycle.
- Collaborate with the Category Management Team to provide valuable business analytics and insights to the Product Team
- Perform other tasks as required or assigned
What We Are Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree required (MBA preferred)
- Strong, forward-thinking mindset
- Minimum five years related insights and/or analytics experience, preferably within a consumer-packaged goods environment.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to convey the message to senior leadership
- Experienced in creating and building tools and analysis processes.
- Customer-Centric orientation with the ability to effectively communicate to stakeholders
- Has strong analytical skills and proven experience translating data into actionable insights.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to plan, organize, prioritize, and execute according to timelines.
- Ability to juggle competing priorities and hit tight deadlines
- Strong independent work ethic and self-starter mentality.
- Ability to travel and attend and/or conduct presentations/meetings.
- Tech-savvy and extremely proficient in Outlook, MS Word, PowerPoint, and MS Excel. Experience with BI tools such as Tableau preferred. SQL skills a plus.
A Career with SRP is Rewarding! We Offer:
- A fun and supportive culture
- Management support and one on one mentorship
- Immediate Health, Vision and Dental benefit plan
- 401K with a company contribution
- Holiday Pay
- And More....
More About SRP:
SRP is committed to outstanding products and delivering platinum customer service. Our teammates focus and contribute to ensure our customers are satisfied while taking pride in our work, our products and dedication to customer service. We are a growing company, and we need service professionals like you to carry our vision forward. By joining SRP you will become part of a high energy group of people. This dedication has allowed SRP to establish a dominant brand and excellent reputation with large corporate customers as well as independent retailers.
In compliance with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the salary range for this role in Colorado is $85,000 - $95,000. This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, as final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location.