- 11-Nov-2020 to 10-Dec-2020 (MST)
- Accounting & Finance
- Castle Rock, CO, USA
- Full Time
SRP Companies ("SRP") is the leading outsourced full-service category manager offering a customized suite of high-margin products to the convenience store channel through its route-based, in-store merchandising programs. SRP's network of over 300 distribution facilities and drivers allow it to serve customers nationwide, and it is a provider to the vast majority of the top 50 convenience store chains.
SRP's core competencies include product and display design, international sourcing, route-based services, and in-store merchandising, covering multiple product categories including consumer electronics, sunglasses, apparel, and novelty merchandise. The company provides Direct-Store Delivery ("DSD") services to over 40,000 individual retail locations in the US and Canada, visiting each store on a weekly or monthly basis to replenish inventory, repair and refresh displays, and rotate seasonal merchandise. SRP's customers enjoy a fully-outsourced model that drives improved same-store sales in the highest product margin categories for convenience stores. In addition, SRP has several subsidiary divisions that service other end markets, including theme parks, casinos, cruise lines, and airports.
- Oversee the monthly closing process including consolidation, internal management reporting and monthly forecasts;
- Serve as business partner to the CFO and leadership team;
- Maintain an adequate system for the control of operations, including budgeting, accounts receivable, accounts payable, inventory management, cost standards and capital investments;
- Drive efforts to streamline and continually improve the effectiveness, timeliness and accuracy of the monthly closing process;
- Oversee internal financial and management reporting activities and coordinate monthly financial review for SRP and Aurora Capital Partners;
- Forecast short-range and long-range cash requirements. Work with the business leaders to optimize working capital and manage capital expenditures;
- Participate in the annual SRP budgeting process;
- Provide analysis of results against operating plans, budgets and forecasts;
- Manage the consolidated weekly cash requirements of the divisions;
- Act as liaison to internal and external auditors and manage annual audit process;
- Manage depository banking relationship;
- Develop relationship with lenders and manage the periodic payments and interest rate notices/renewals
- Ensure compliance with SRP and Aurora Capital Partners;
- Remain current in all relevant aspects of U.S. GAAP and guide the business appropriately.
- Lead, develop and mentor accounting team members and lead the consolidation of the accounting function as additional divisions are integrated into one ERP (Oracle R12) system.
- Manage the Tax compliance and accounting team (outsourced) and ensure compliance with sales/use/other tax requirements and filings
Key SELECTION CRITERIA:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance;
- 8-12 years of progressive management experience in accounting;
- Experience managing month end close, general ledger and account reconciliation;
- Experience managing annual audit process;
- Inventory management experience including working with the business to reduce inventory and track and monitor slow moving excess and obsolete inventory;
- Strong accounting background with focus on internal controls;
- Strong focus on improving processes and systems;
- Ability and desire to own all aspects of accounting function with demonstrated ability to lead and manage a large team;
- Adaptable and flexible to change in response to new information, different or unexpected circumstances, and or to work in ambiguous situations;
- Strong background using ERP system;
- Public accounting experience of 4 years plus highly valued
- CPA or MBA considered a plus.