Director of Talent Acquisition
- 25-Oct-2019 to 25-Dec-2019 (MST)
- Human Resources
- Castle Rock, CO, USA
- Full Time
SRP Companies (SRP) is the leading full-service category manager offering a broad selection of convenience, novelty, and point-of-sales products to convenience store, amusement and hospitality channels. SRP's core competencies include product design, international sourcing, direct-store-delivery route services, and in-store display and merchandising of point-of-sale products. With a foundation and infrastructure built over 45 years, the company is positioned for continued growth within its core channels and further growth into adjacent channels and categories. The company has experienced substantial growth via acquisition over the past several years and has maintained a stable and experienced management team that has continued to enhance customer relationships.
As the clear market leader for general merchandise (e.g. sunglasses, electronics, plush toys, novelty, apparel) in the convenience store segment, the company currently serves >80% of the leading convenience stores including national customers like Quick Trip, Speedway, Wawa, Love's, Pilot, 7-Eleven, Casey's General Store, Kum & Go, and RaceTrac. With direct-store-delivery and scan-based trading (consignment) across a 50,000-store network, SRP's footprint is 10x the nearest competitor. SRP services its network of 500 field service representatives through pick & pack small parcels and LTL operations from various distribution warehouses. The last mile delivery of the product to customers are done by field representatives using the company fleet.
SRP Companies is looking to hire a Director of Talent Acquisition.
Do you possess the passion for talent acquisition & driving the recruiting function to the next level?
- Opportunity to take the Talent Acquisition (TA) function within SRP Companies to a more progressive level focusing on four key cornerstones:
- Technology Enabled Process Improvements
- Platinum Level Candidate Experience
- Recruiting of the Future proactive sourcing
- Business Led & Data Driven data insights to show the value TA brings to the business
- Build and shape a team of Recruiters that exceed the talent needs (includes non-exempt, exempt and leadership positions)
- Understand and identify where our best candidates come from, latest best practices that can be leveraged to find, attract and select the right talent. Reporting to the VP Human Resources, this role will lead a geographically dispersed team of approximately 4 recruiters with responsibility for filling several hundred positions annually, as well as driving sourcing strategies to proactively fill critical leadership roles
The Challenge should you accept the mission:
- Majority of roles are remote and geographically dispersed
- The compensation model and nature of work add another dimension of difficulty
First Year Objectives
- Execute the 2019 experienced professional hiring plan, while meeting and improving on key hiring metrics (cycle time, accept rates, quality of hire, diversity and client satisfaction)
- Develop and deliver strategic sourcing & attraction plans
- Partner with Human Resource Business Partner to develop insights and report on key recruiting performance metrics
- Effectively allocate resources and requisition support to meet business demand and drive optimization
- Provide leadership to a professional team of Recruiters that move the function toward a "recruiting of the future model" - advising, talent market expertise and proactive talent pipelining
- Develop strong relationships with leadership throughout the organization to drive and influence results
- Partner closely with HR colleagues and business leaders to understand business priorities, hiring volumes, progress against customer deliverables, new initiatives, and the implications for talent acquisition
- Explore the market trends and best practices in recruitment and implement appropriate best practices
- Present regular reports to keep leaders informed of program status and related issues.
- Manage quality, productivity and compliance with internal external policies
- Bachelor's degree and experience with recruitment and/or applicable human resources experience. Equivalent combination of education and experience will also be considered.
- 10+ years of experience managing a recruitment operation and/or team of recruiters or HR staff
- Must possess demonstrated competence managing recruiting results in a deadline driven, high volume and fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated track record of developing and implementing successful, creative, and forward-thinking recruitment strategies.
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency with diversity recruiting strategies
Talent management skills in terms of:
- Hiring the right talent with positive impact to the team
- Ability to organize and integrate a geographically dispersed team
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and applicant tracking systems (ATS) Desired Skills
- Passion for driving a Platinum level candidate experience and top-level customer service
- Previous experience hiring and recruiting experience in a highly matrixed and dynamic organization
- Experience interpreting and reporting on recruiting metrics
- Passion for the latest recruitment technology and talent marketing best practices
- Experience interacting and successfully influencing others, including executives
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with hiring leaders
- Proven communication skills which include the ability to speak, write and listen in a manner that clarifies issues, promotes closure, and delivers information in a clear and concise manner and facilitates decision making.
- Results oriented team player, yet able to work independently of direct supervision
SRP Companies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at SRP Companies, where our mission is E2P3 (Exceed Expectations, thru Passion, Performance and Profitability.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1211407