Director of Total Rewards
- 10-Mar-2021 to 30-Apr-2021 (MST)
- Human Resources
- Denver, CO, USA
- Full Time
The Director of Total Rewards and HR Operations will report to and work closely with our Chief Human Resources Officer to develop and deliver a competitive Compensation and Benefits pay for performance philosophy and reward programs across all levels of SRP Companies. The ideal candidate will demonstrate an understanding of market dynamics, mastery of compensation and benefit plan designs, and have an affinity towards rapid innovation with an emphasis on acquiring, engaging, motivating, developing, and retaining employees while maintaining internal equity and external market competitiveness. Excellent organizational skills, high attention to detail, strong work ethic and the desire to find solutions when presented with challenges are key attributes for success in this position. This position will be located in Castle Rock, CO.
Lead Compensation function in the following areas:
- Direct the strategic design, planning, implementation, communication, and administration of the full range of compensation, benefits, and wellness programs including base pay, corporate bonus, business group specific compensation plans and strategies, health & welfare benefits.
- Identify opportunities to make compensation activities/processes more streamlined and efficient while ensuring they are competitive in the marketplace to support recruitment, engagement and talent retention.
- As appropriate, proactively educate leaders, HR and colleagues on compensation strategy, practices and benchmarks.
- Lead the evaluation of positions and the application of existing job classifications, assignment of job levels, salary ranges and FLSA status. Make recommendations for revisions and/or changes.
- Partner with FP&A on the salary planning processes including, but not limited to, merit, promotion and market pay adjustment budgets to maintain the company's competitive market position.
- Direct the market benchmarking process and recommend changes in the pay structure as needed; oversee all activities related to analysis of market trends and market competitive pay positions to ensure pay structure meets overall company goals and objectives.
- Ensure the compensation review processes, such as merit, promotion, etc. are administered accurately and efficiently
Lead Benefits function in the following areas:
- Own the health, welfare, and retirement plan strategy, annual design and cost-modeling reviews, budgeting, and provide expertise to Executive Leadership Team, acting as a fiduciary of our 401(k) plan and be employee-centric in design.
- Regularly analyze benefit offerings, evaluating the usage, plan design, services, coverage, effectiveness, cost, plan experience and competitive trends, and make appropriate short and long-term recommendations.
- Direct the administration of all benefit plans in compliance with applicable laws and regulations; guide benefits team on routine audits to ensure benefits are administered consistently and qualified under applicable tax codes if applicable.
- Proactively plan and roll out benefit communications to enhance employees' understanding of benefit plan coverage and costs; plan and direct annual benefit open enrollment process including communications to employees about any benefit plan changes, revising benefit materials, setting up any new vendors, and updating configuration and integrations in the HRIS as needed.
- Work with the company's external benefits consultant to analyze and evaluate plan renewals for cost effectiveness, negotiate for improved services and offerings to maintain the company's Total Rewards competitive position.
- Ensure all plan documents and Summary Plan Descriptions (SPD) are complete and updated; Form 5500 filings are filed accurately and timely; required notices are distributed to employees; lead efforts to prepare and perform discrimination testing and oversee annual plan audits.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or Economics, or equivalent experience in a role that is very quantitative in nature. MBA or advanced degree preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years prior work experience in Total Rewards with at least 5 years in a leadership level working directly with executives.
- Experience leading a geographically distributed employee workforce with both hourly employees and highly skilled employees.
- A willing to take action leader who focuses on quick prioritization and meeting commitments in a fast-paced environment with proven attention to detail and accuracy and able to "dig in."
- Strong facility with sophisticated financial and compensation analysis and acumen to glean key takeaways and strategic insights.
- Strong execution and project/team leadership skills and ability to drive critical timelines.
A Career with SRP is Rewarding! We Offer:
- A fun and supportive culture
- Management support and one on one mentorship
- Immediate Health, Vision and Dental benefit plan
- 401K with a company contribution
- Holiday Pay
- And More....
SRP Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities, Women, Protected Veterans, Disabled, Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employer.
More About SRP:
SRP is committed to outstanding products and delivering platinum customer service. Our teammates focus and contribute to ensure our customers are satisfied while taking pride in our work, our products and dedication to customer service. We are a growing company, and we need service professionals like you to carry our vision forward. By joining SRP you will become part of a high energy group of people. This dedication has allowed SRP to establish a dominant brand and excellent reputation with large corporate customers as well as independent retailers.