Distribution Center Manager
- 11-Dec-2019 to 23-Jan-2020 (MST)
- Distribution Center
- Virginia Beach, VA, USA
- Full Time
SRP Companies (SRP) is the leading full-service category manager offering a broad selection of convenience, novelty, and point-of-sale products (e.g. sunglasses, electronics, plush, novelty, apparel) to convenience store, amusement and hospitality channels. We are searching to add a strategic partner to our Distribution team.
SRP Companies (SRP) strengths include product design, international sourcing, direct-store-delivery route services, and in-store display and merchandising of point-of-sale products. With a foundation and infrastructure built over 45 years, the company is positioned for continued growth within its core channels and further growth into adjacent channels and categories. The company has experienced meaningful growth via acquisition over the past several years and has maintained a stable and experienced management team that has continued to improve customer relationships.
As the clear market leader for general merchandise (e.g. sunglasses, electronics, plush toys, novelty, apparel) in the convenience store segment, the company currently serves >80% of the leading convenience stores including national customers like Quick Trip, Speedway, Wawa, Love's, Pilot, 7-Eleven, Casey's General Store, Kum & Go, and RaceTrac. With direct-store-delivery and scan-based trading (consignment) across a 50,000-store network, SRP's footprint is 10x the nearest competitor. SRP services its network of 500 field service representatives through pick & pack small parcels and LTL operations from various distribution warehouses. The last mile delivery of the product to customers are done by field representatives using the company fleet.
The Position Functional Responsibilities
Distribution Center profieciencies; Adapt, develop, and execute robust warehousing processes in an established facility. Processes include but are not limited to scheduling, planning, shipping and receiving, picking/packing, inventory management and control, budgeting, and continuous improvement.
Human Development Capital Proficiencies; Coach, empower and improve teams to make higher level decisions and improvement .Promote a culture of quality and ensure that cross-functional teams are engaged and seeking to a common goal. Be a "Field General", be engaged and accessible to the team members at all levels over various functions.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Experience leading a sizable distribution team, 100-150 employees
- Profiecient in operating a sizable pick & pack operation including labor management, planning & scheduling, shipping/receiving, pick & pack, inventory management & integrity, health & safety, and budgeting
- Ability to build, lead, and develop multi-functional teams in a highly motivated, roll-up-the sleeves leadership approach, comfortable taking care of ambiguity and a track record of success in high paced, dynamic environment.
- 8+ years of forward-thinking experience in leading a significant team in distribution/pick & pack/fulfillment operations. Proven experience working across multiple business units/locations, scaling operations of similar complexity and growth, and building hardworking, effective teams
- Experience in developing critical processes with keen eye on continuous improvements
- Leading with integrity, contributing to health and safety policies and processes
- Experience with ERP systems, preferably with Oracle (Demantra, ASCP, WMS) or SAP; past implementation experience a plus
- Proven leadership skills with excellent communication [written, verbal, and presentation skills]; identifying and developing high-potential team members to empower them for higher level decision making, idea generation, continuous improvement.
- A highly motivated, roll-up-the-sleeves leader, comfortable dealing with ambiguity and thrives in a high growth environment. A flexible, energetic, proactive individual; able to motivate him/herself and others; easily accepts constructive input from others.
Bachelor's degree preferred, in Business, Finance, Engineering, or Supply Chain
Ability to travel to other Distribution Centers and Corporate functions
SRP Companies is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.