Distribution Center Manager
- 17-Sep-2021 to Until Filled (MST)
- Distribution Center
- Virginia Beach, VA, USA
- Full Time
SRP Companies is seeking to hire a full time Distribution Center Manager
ABOUT SRP COMPANIES
We are a wholesale supplier, and our category management services optimize product mix and merchandising, improve retailer sales and profits, and allow store operators to focus on other core responsibilities. We promise to provide the best service and category management possible at every step of the process from source to shelf. Our dedication has allowed us to establish a dominant brand and excellent reputation with large corporate customers as well as independent retailers.
SRP's mission is to deliver exceptional value to our customers by providing innovative products and services. Our vision is to empower our team to become the most admired provider of consumer products and distinctive retail solutions. By joining our team, you will become part of a high-energy group of people. We also offer our teammates competitive compensation, generous benefits, and a work environment that people want to be a part of.
Distribution Center Manager Responsibilities:
- Accountable for the operational performance and financial management of specific functional area within DC operations (Inbound or Outbound), receiving, inventory control, light production, order fulfillment (CPG, Ecommerce, Direct to Store and Internal Transfers) and shipping.
- Supporting General Manager with budget preparation, full P&L reviews, and setting DC level goals to reach planned financial and operational targets
- Establish functional area labor plan to achieve appropriate labor capacity to satisfy customer demand, on-time and in-full
- Directly manage Supervisors and Team Leads to ensure daily/weekly work is completed ontime with proactive escalation ahead of any challenges.
- Work closely with our internal customers to verify production departments are running efficiently
- Responsible for mentoring and developing a supervisory team using a supportive and collaborative approach: assigning accountability; setting objectives; establishing priorities and monitoring and evaluating results.
- Manages and coaches the team including hiring, scheduling, training, establishing job standards and evaluating performance.
- Develops performance measurements and internal auditing processes to evaluate efficiency and quality.
- Utilizes the warehouse management system and other technologies available to maximize productivity. Analyzes the productivity levels of the warehouse operation and recommends appropriate changes.
- Provides a positive and engaging working environment, to support SRP's objective to be the Employer of Choice.
Distribution Center Manager Qualifications
- 3+ years progressive experience leading a significant team within a Distribution Center environment to include Receiving, Shipping, Fulfillment, Inventory Control and/or kitting
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university or relevant experience
- Experience in developing critical processes with keen eye on continuous improvement in sizable pick & pack operations including labor management, planning & scheduling, and inventory management & integrity
- Demonstrated ability to build, lead, and develop multi-functional teams with a highly motivated, roll-up-the sleeves leadership approach
- Demonstrated ability to balance and achieve positive results in the areas of safety, quality, productivity, cost, and teammate relations
- Proven experience managing ambiguity and a proven track record of success in a high growth, dynamic environment.
- Experience with fulfillment to various customer models (CPG, Ecommerce, Direct to Store, etc.)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with strong Excel experience.
- Experience with ERP systems, preferably with Oracle
- Quality orientation and attention to detail
- Ability to analyze problems and determine best solutions
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
SRP Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities, Women, Protected Veterans, Disabled, Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employer IND123