Distribution Center Supervisor - 2nd Shift
- 20-Aug-2021 to 19-Oct-2021 (MST)
- Distribution Center
- Lindon, UT, USA
- Full Time
SRP Companies is seeking to hire a full time Distribution Center Supervisor.
ABOUT SRP COMPANIES
We are a wholesale supplier, and our category management services optimize product mix and merchandising, improve retailer sales and profits, and allow store operators to focus on other core responsibilities. We promise to provide the best service and category management possible at every step of the process from source to shelf. Our dedication has allowed us to establish a dominant brand and excellent reputation with large corporate customers as well as independent retailers.
SRP's mission is to deliver exceptional value to our customers by providing innovative products and services. Our vision is to empower our team to become the most admired provider of consumer products and distinctive retail solutions. By joining our team, you will become part of a high-energy group of people. We also offer our teammates competitive compensation, generous benefits, and a work environment that people want to be a part of.
DC Supervisor Summary:
You will oversee the daily operations in a functional area and lead a team comprised of Team Leads and Associates (20-25 total). You will report to and support a Department Operations Manager to ensure accurate product receipt, order fulfillment, or light assemble/kitting and the optimization of resources. You will be responsible for team member safety and meeting targets for your area. You will develop your teammates by promoting a workplace of inclusion, diversity, collaboration, and continuous improvement to deliver success of the Company.
General Duties of a DC Supervisor:
- Define the daily work schedule and tasks of DC teammates to ensure the DC delivers the perfect order to the customer.
- Ensures teammates are equipped to achieve their assigned tasks effectively and efficiently in compliance with DC safety protocols.
- Review daily, weekly, monthly KPI performance with teammates to conduct root cause analysis and develop solutions to bring all KPIs above targets.
- Drive a Continuous Improvement culture where teammates are both providing and implementing ideas to further optimize DC throughput.
- Work collaboratively across DC teams and SRP support teams to provide the best solution for the customer and organization.
- Provide coaching, feedback, and development to teammates ensuring everyone is treated fairly and with respect. This includes performance evaluations, recognition, and coaching when necessary.
- Provide a positive and engaging working environment, to support SRP's objective to be the Employer of Choice.
- Develop additional performance measurements and internal auditing processes to evaluate operations efficiency and quality.
- 2+ years' experience leading teams within a DC environment to include Receiving, Shipping, Inventory Control and/or kitting
- Demonstrated capability leading a team that has exceeded performance metrics
- Experience with fulfillment to various customer models (CPG, Ecommerce, Direct to Store, etc.)
- Experience loading/unloading palletized and loose cartons across ocean containers, trailers, and small parcel
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work assignments and adjust on the spot as opportunities present during the shift
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with strong Excel experience.
- Demonstrate the ability to balance and achieve positive results in the areas of safety, quality, productivity, cost, and teammate relations
- Experience with WMS required
- Quality orientation and attention to detail
- Ability to analyze problems and determine best solutions
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
SRP Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment decisions to hire, promote, field, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.