Distribution Center Team Lead 3rd Shift
- 08-Nov-2020 to 23-Nov-2021 (MST)
- Distribution Center
- Virginia Beach, VA, USA
- Depends on Experience
- Full Time
Start your new career with SRP Companies! We are a developing and growing company that focuses and self-evaluates based on the core principles of our mission statement: E2P3: Exceeding Expectations through Passion, Performance, and Profitability.
SRP Companies (SRP) strengths include product design, international sourcing, direct-store-delivery route services, and in-store display and merchandising of point-of-sale products. With a foundation and infrastructure built over 45 years, the company is positioned for continued growth within its core channels and further growth into adjacent channels and categories. The company has experienced meaningful growth via acquisition over the past several years and has maintained a stable and experienced management team that has continued to improve customer relationships.
As the clear market leader for general merchandise (e.g. sunglasses, electronics, plush toys, novelty, apparel) in the convenience store segment, the company currently serves >80% of the leading convenience stores including national customers like Quick Trip, Speedway, Wawa, Love's, Pilot, 7-Eleven, Casey's General Store, Kum & Go, and RaceTrac. With direct-store-delivery and scan-based trading (consignment) across a 50,000-store network, SRP's footprint is 10x the nearest competitor. SRP services its network of 500 field service representatives through pick & pack small parcels and LTL operations from various distribution warehouses. The last mile delivery of the product to customers are done by field representatives using the company fleet.
We are looking for an experienced leader to supervise our 3rd shift at our Distribution Center. This position requires a dynamic individual who can lead our team to success.
- Responsible for all workers under their supervision to grade and package the product according to company standards
- Observes workers to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures
- Maintains time and production records
- Ensures procedures are being performed to improve quality, cost and cycle times
- Restock bins of product
- Perform order selection and picking
- Consistent Use of Oracle and other computer systems
- Ability to prioritize and delegate
- Other duties as necessary and assigned
- Warehouse Experience in leadership role
- Basic computer skills (a high level of proficiency in Microsoft Office with strong Excel experience)
- Employee supervision, training and development
- Measurement of performance to goals and standards
- An ability to balance and achieve positive results in the areas of safety, quality, productivity, cost and employee relations
- Systems and continuous improvement orientation
- Quality orientation and attention to detail
- Ideal candidate has the ability to analyze problems and determine resolution
- Inventory management
- Ability to safely operate warehouse equipment (pallet jack, forklift, scissor lift, etc.)
- Ability to safely lift up to 75lbs
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- An ability to lead multiple priorities
- Ability to meet deadlines and work on a set schedule
- Strong teammate
- Ability to assist in all areas at any time
- Ability to follow and execute orders as requested and given
SRP Companies is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.