Distribution Center Team Lead
- 18-Nov-2021 to Until Filled (MST)
- Distribution Center
- Virginia Beach, VA, USA
- Depends on Experience
- Full Time
Start your new career with SRP Companies! We are a developing and growing company that focuses and self-evaluates based on the core principles of our mission statement: E2P3: Exceeding Expectations through Passion, Performance, and Profitability.
Distribution Center Team Lead
SRP Companies is seeking to hire a Distribution Center Team Lead to help us with training and leading a team of Warehouse Associates to unload, receive, process, maintain, pick and ship customer products and materials efficiently and accurately.
This Team Lead position pays $17 per hour. You would also be eligible for some of the best perks around including benefits after 30 days, paid holidays, paid time off, health, dental, vision, company paid short term disability, life insurance provided by the company (with the option to purchase more), long-term disability, and a 401K retirement plan with company match. If this sounds like the warehouse opportunity you've been looking for, apply now!
About SRP Companies
SRP Companies (SRP) strengths include product design, international sourcing, direct-store-delivery route services, and in-store display and merchandising of point-of-sale products. With a foundation and infrastructure built over 45 years, the company is positioned for continued growth within its core channels and further growth into adjacent channels and categories. The company has experienced meaningful growth via acquisition over the past several years and has maintained a stable and experienced management team that has continued to improve customer relationships.
As the clear market leader for general merchandise (e.g. sunglasses, electronics, plush toys, novelty, apparel) in the convenience store segment, the company currently serves >80% of the leading convenience stores including national customers like Quick Trip, Speedway, Wawa, Love's, Pilot, 7-Eleven, Casey's General Store, Kum & Go, and RaceTrac. With direct-store-delivery and scan-based trading (consignment) across a 50,000-store network, SRP's footprint is 10x the nearest competitor. SRP services its network of 500 field service representatives through pick & pack small parcels and LTL operations from various distribution warehouses. The last mile delivery of the product to customers are done by field representatives using the company fleet.
A Day in the Life of a Distribution Center Team Lead
- Working with supervisors and other leaders to receive and process inbound customer shipments and accurately place into warehouse inventory
- Trains, coaches, and provides leadership to warehouse associates
- Unload, palletize, wrap, and put away product
- Performs bin changes to make maximum use of available space
- Operates material handling equipment such as pallet jack and stand-up reach lift in a safe manner
- Maintains excellent attendance to ensure duties are performed
- Communicates effectively with supervisors, peers and associates
- Places major emphasis on accuracy in a detail-oriented environment
- Maintains appearance of rack areas to ensure cleanliness and safety
- Works in environment where temperature varies with outside temperature
- Lifts on a regular and frequent basis packages weighing 50 pounds
- One to three years of warehouse experience including receiving, order fulfillment and some inventory control
- Previous experience working and leading a team in a warehouse environment
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word & Excel)
- Previous Oracle experience preferred
- Ability to foster teamwork
- Ability to safely operate warehouse equipment
- Previous standup forklift experience is a plus
- Ability to work in an unregulated temperature environment
- Ability to lift and or move items weighing up to 50 pounds
Distribution Center Team Lead Schedule
Monday to Friday, 7:00am 3:30pm with overtime opportunities available.
SRP Companies is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. SRP Companies participates in E-Verify employment verification.