Eyewear Product Development Manager (100177)
Eyewear Product Development Manager
Do you have a creative background in eyewear or fashion and enjoy following the latest trends? Are you business minded and have a history of successful product or category management? Do you have experience launching new products and promotional programs within consumer product organizations?
Join SRP Companies as an Eyewear Product Development Manager!
Driven by our mission to deliver exceptional value to our customers by providing innovative products and services.
Since our founding as a regional distributor of sunglasses in 1969, SRP has grown into an international leader providing in-store merchandising solutions to a wide variety of retail partners and their consumers. We have built relationships with thousands of international, national, and regional retailers who rely on our customized solutions in more than 60,000+ locations across the U.S. and Canada. With warehouse facilities in several states and service reps covering all regions of the country, there isn't a retail location we can't service.
For this role, we’ll look to you to:
- Create a rolling product road map in key categories.
- Lead overall product development process including product creation & design, product coloring, costing, factory communication, packaging, and timeline management.
- Define and develop new packaging systems for innovative products and new and existing categories.
- Determine the product/quality positioning in supported categories through competitive benchmarking and equivalent benchmarking.
- Incorporate customer insights into strategy and product development.
- Develop selling strategies and execute all merchandising, promotional, and marketing tactics intended to deliver budgeted sales and margin in the assigned categories.
- Communicate rational for new product road maps to leadership team and key stakeholders.
- Partner with the marketing team to create key marketing materials, as well as category and product specific briefs for promo and everyday products.
- Oversee and ensure key projects provide sales growth, margin expansion and/or market differentiation.
- Manage the end-of-life process to smoothly transition to future best sellers with comprehensive exit planning.
- Provide coaching, insights, and motivation to associates to create a climate that inspires development, continued learning and growth.
Benefits and Perks:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Company paid short term disability and life insurance
- Paid holidays and floating holidays
- Flexible PTO plan
- 401(k) with company match
- Tuition Reimbursement
Join us, and let’s deliver data-driven retail solutions.
SRP’s mission is to deliver exceptional value to our customers by providing innovative products and services. Our vision is to empower our team to become the most admired provider of consumer products and distinctive retail solutions. It’s an exciting time for our company and if you’re ready to unleash your potential to help fulfil our mission and vision, apply today.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, political affiliation, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, or veteran (U.S.) status. The company will provide accommodation to applicants, including those with disabilities, during the recruitment process, in accordance with applicable laws.
The annual gross base salary range is $100,000 -$120,000. This range represents the anticipated low and high end of the salary for this position. Actual salaries will vary and are based on factors such as a candidate's qualifications, skills, and competencies.
- Business and creative minded with a background in eyewear design, product development, product line management, industrial design or fashion design & merchandising.
- Training in design, strong color sense, and experience coloring eyewear.
- Passion for eyewear and strong eyewear product and category knowledge.
- Ability to conceptualize, create and launch new products and promotional programs within consumer product organizations.
- History of successful product management and relevant category experience.
- Experience with retail sunglasses, readers and accessories for men, women and kids.
- Understanding technical requirements, fit, color and shape balancing a plus.
- Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite experience.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field.
- Five years of related work experience.
- Colorado applicants preferred. Relocation and/or remote option considered.