Freight Logistics Manager
- 13-Mar-2020 to 12-Apr-2020 (MST)
- Lindon, UT, USA
- Salary DOE
- Full Time
Who is SRP Companies
We are a national leader in store merchandising solutions in more than 50,000 retail locations across the U.S. and Canada since 1969. SRP Companies offers a wide selection of well-designed, quality stuffed animals and novelty plush. Huggable animals from familiar lands and lovable critters from exotic, faraway places of the world make up just a part of the fantastic toy line. Fiesta's success has been based on diversification in its product lines, customer base and wide distribution including toy and gift shops, zoos, amusement and entertainment venues. We also provide fashionable eyewear, wireless accessories and other high demand products. We are committed to superior products and delivering platinum customer service. Our teammates focus and contribute to ensure our customers are satisfied while taking pride in our work, our products and dedication to customer service. We are steadily growing, and we need professionals like you to carry our vision forward. We provide extraordinary service and value to our customers. By joining our team, you will become part of a high energy group of people. This dedication has allowed SRP to establish a dominant brand and excellent reputation with large corporate customers as well as independent retailers. If you like to work in a high pace environment, this may be the career for you.
Our Mission Statement: Exceed Expectations through Passion, Performance and Profitability.
SRP Companies is excited to announce that we are adding a Freight Manager to our team. This role is responsible for sourcing carriers, obtaining competitive quotes, negotiating rates, monitoring performance, communicating status, resolving issues, and approving invoices. This role is accountable for the support, guidance, and clear communication of transportation related supply chain topics as well as management of business partners. Superior verbal, presentation, written, email communication, interpersonal, as well as collaboration skills. This person should be logical minded, task driven, dedicated to the cause, able to follow complex logic, ability to determine priorities, strong follow through skills, driven for success, team player, willing to make the hard call.
- P&L accountability for all transportation spending as assigned.
- Orchestrates information flow and execution of processes and procedures for improvement, compliance, consistency, cost
- Analyzes, handles, and reviews loss and damage claims.
- Cost savings through continuous improvement activities in the transportation landscape.
- Develops, manages, trains and ensures use of supply chain logistics systems including transportation management systems, ERP, dock scheduling, and delivery visibility tools.
- Identifies cost and service impacts and makes recommendations to support business initiatives and requirements.
- Executes priorities and objectives of the Transportation department that are aligned with Supply Chain and Company business objectives.
- Motivates and encourage in-house transportation team and influences third party providers to achieve high performance.
- Supports, reports and educates Management and Internal departments regarding processes, performance, logistics environment and ongoing projects.
- Works with business partners and management to support Sales and Operations Planning process and one-time delivery performance.
- Manages 3rd party software and transportation vendors. Ability to influence / facilitate change (face to face, via telephone or web conference).
- Must possess critical thinking, problem-solving, continuous improvement, and strategic thinking skills.
- Demonstrated strong customer (internal and external) orientation and support experience.
- Must possess excellent computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite functions as well as familiarity with Transportation Management System (TMS), and freight rating applications.
- Capacity to work independently or within a team environment.
- Ability to follow direction, trouble shoot and achieve goals and objectives.
- Experience working in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Must be able to travel approximately 25% travel, varying based on situational requirements.
- BA Degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Logistics or related area or 5 years third party logistics and Logistics Management experience.
- Proven contract negotiation experience that resulted in best in class cost and service solutions.
- Thorough understanding of financial reporting and analysis related to logistics spending
- Experience developing collaborative relationships and partnerships at all levels of the organization and with external vendors that drive business results.
- Experience with Freight Brokers, Parcel Companies, Container Companies, and LTL carriers and small parcel regulatory requirements.
SRP Companies is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.