General Manager - Distribution Center
- 17-Aug-2021 to 16-Oct-2021 (MST)
- Distribution Center
- Lindon, UT, USA
- Full Time
SRP Companies is seeking to hire a full time General Manager for our Lindon, UT distribution center. The General Manager Oversees all aspects of the distribution center. The General Manager also develops and enables the leadership team to deliver the perfect order to each customer, with the highest level of performance, and while promoting best in class practices throughout the operation.
Would you be interested in working for a growing company with a fun and supportive culture that offers one-on-one mentorship?
This position earns a competitive compensation package and we offer solid benefits including health, vision, dental, a 401(k) plan with company contribution, paid time off (PTO), and holiday pay. If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, consider applying today!
- Accountable for the operational performance and financial management of DC, including budget preparation, full P&L responsibility, and setting DC level goals to reach planned financial and operational targets
- Establish functional labor planning models and achieve appropriate labor capacity to satisfy customer demand, on-time and in-full
- Directly manages and develops team of leaders responsible for receiving, inventory control, light production, order fulfillment (CPG, Ecommerce, Direct to Store and Internal Transfers) and shipping
- Ensure operations strategy is aligned with company strategy, focused on continuous improvement, and supporting our Culture of Collaboration
- Works closely with cross-functional teams to execute distribution strategies, allow friction-less integration of systems with processes, provide effective labor planning and training, and ensure accurate measurement of results
- Demonstrates success through the achievement of site and organization KPIs
- Produces and effectively communicates DC and individual performance goals
- Leads initiatives that improve current process efficiency, material flow, labor productivity, quality, safety and space utilization that delivers a scalable DC that supports sales growth
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders; establishes and maintains effective relationships with vendors and the community.
- Regularly reports out on DC financial and operational performance to executive leadership
- Builds talent through coaching, empowering, and mentoring direct reports
- Responsible for the implementation of all company policies/procedures, ensuring company values are practiced throughout the site at all levels.
- Ensures the operation is compliant with all Federal and state laws/ requirements regarding hazardous materials, health and safety, and other risk areas.
- 5+ years as the most senior leader of a mid/large, multi-discipline DC or experience as a #2 leader in a large, high-volume DC.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university
- 10+years directly managing people
- 10+ years of progressive experience in distribution and fulfillment leadership
- Demonstrated capability managing fulfilment across a variety of platforms (paper, RF, automation) and routes to market
- Experienced in project management and demonstrated success in process improvement
- Experience working in and partnering with cross-functional teams
- A proven track record of building, developing, and aligning internal resources with external customer expectations
- Outstanding analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Strong leadership and employee engagement skills
- High standard of integrity and reliability; able to build trust and loyalty with others
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), capability to communicate at all levels of the organization
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite
- Familiarity with Oracle ERP and WMS, a plus