Master Data Analyst
- 27-May-2021 to 26-Jul-2021 (MST)
- Accounting & Finance
- Castle Rock, CO, USA
- Full Time
Own Data Management
- A gatekeeper for all product led data in the ERP system (Oracle R12) and adjacent systems, responsible for setting up, updating existing items and discontinuing items in Oracle R12 and reviewing data adjacent systems
- Supervise and improve data entry process in Oracle R12
- Own and be the gate keeper and control for the company price book. Ensuring all list price changes are appropriate and have proper approval from management
- Own the Item Master Files to include all relevant hierarchies such as category codes and other necessary fields required for reporting purposes
- Manage data accuracy in the system, to support the product development process, purchasing requirements, marketing costs, determination of gross margins and cost of finished goods
- Log requests and track the completion of all incoming forms into tracking spreadsheet
- Prepare and present data-related detailed assessments and recommendations
- Own Item Master data for new items provided by various functions, validate the accuracy of data in Oracle R12; making necessary revisions in a timely manner, as required.
- Responsible for reviewing UPC code(s) for each new product(s)
- Maintain a forecast of internal Item #'s and advise the Controller and IT on future constraints and required expansions
- Identify key issues in process gaps and highlight important business decisions related to Item Master setup and activation
- Provide technical support in relation to data storage limits, data cleansing, and data mining
- Manage daily, weekly and monthly system maintenance and audit to ensure the integrity of the product data.
- Own existing master data process documentation to ensure that it is current and complete adding additional information where necessary.
- Certify and improve data accuracy on an ongoing basis (including missing data) to be as close to 100% accurate as possible.
- Maintain the transition between Oracle R12 and adjacent systems
- Generate monthly reports to ensure data accuracy and provide overview of data properties for finance purposes.
- Anticipate problems, identify root causes, and be proactive about preventing issues from occurring.
- Analyze full impact and identify risks associated with potential solutions to systems issues and advise process owners of the best approach.
- Analyze monthly reports for inconsistencies and potential issues.
- Apply statistical theory and methods to collect, organize, interpret, and summarize numerical data to provide data analysis.
Evaluation & Certification
- Initiate and lead the periodic IM reviews with the cross functional team to ensure all items have been setup correctly.
- Verify in partnership with key members of the Product Team, that entered data is reflected accurately in the system.
- Lead efforts in escalating issues, discrepancies and concerns in the data to Controller.
- Support internal controls and audit information requests.
- Participate in software upgrades, design, implementation, functional testing, and data validation to ensure quality solutions.
- Manage consistent and cooperative communication with Production, Finance and Marketing Personnel.
- Clearly articulate ownership and accountabilities of data management to support the owners of the data, use business process and measures to highlight opportunities for improvement.
- Investigate possible solutions for problems in production and warehouse process.
- Cooperate with IT personnel in developing software and fixing bugs.
- 1-2-year experience working in a consumer products environment
- Basic understanding of new product development, a plus
- 1-2-year experience working with ERP system (Oracle R12) is desired
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, business or related discipline
- 1-2-year experience in Master Data