- 02-Sep-2020 to 01-Oct-2020 (MST)
- Product Development
- Castle Rock, CO, USA
- Full Time
Who We Are
At SRP, we are a national leader in store merchandising solutions in more than 50,000 retail locations across the U.S. and Canada since 1969. We provide fashionable eyewear, wireless accessories and other high demand products. We are committed to superior products and delivering platinum customer service. Our teammates focus and contribute to ensure our customers are satisfied while taking pride in our work, our products and dedication to customer service. We are steadily growing, and we need professionals like you to carry our vision forward. We provide outstanding service and value to our customers. By joining our team, you will become part of a high energy group of people. This dedication has allowed SRP to establish a dominant brand and excellent reputation with large corporate customers as well as independent retailers. If you like to work in a high pace environment, this may be the career for you.
Our Mission Statement is to: Exceed Expectations through Passion, Performance and Profitability.
Who are we? We are SRP Companies and we want you to join the Team.
The question is who are you?
We are looking for a Product Coordinator to join our team. This position is based in Castle Rock, CO.
As the Product Coordinator, you will assist in product lifecycle management for your assigned category(ies). This position assists the Product team with the development and creation of new products & vendor management. This person will get up to speed on the category via setting up new items, business analysis and collaboration with cross-functional team members to execute key project tasks. As this person gains experience and proficiency, she/he will take ownership of projects and product launches. If you are creative and business minded, this is a phenomenal opportunity to enter the world of Product Management.
The ideal candidate would have a background in Product Development, Engineering, Industrial Design, or a business background. She/he needs to have a passion and aptitude to learn about our products as well as a passion for growing a business.
This position collaborates with other Product team members, as well as cross-functional teams in Creative, Operations, Finance, Supply Chain and Sales. We are looking for a candidate with a positive attitude and excellent interpersonal skills.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the execution of all go-to-market development tasks to ensure all deadlines are met
- Communicate with manufacturers and supply chain partners to lead current development and ensure successful execution
- Track development samples to ensure on-time delivery
- Review confirmation samples with Product Manager and send comments and samples to overseas vendors and QC team
- Assist in maintaining samples for trade shows, client meetings and showroom set-up
- Assist in special projects and communicate proactively with supporting teams to meet necessary deadlines
- Assist in creating and maintaining product spec sheets and line sheets
- Assist in the creation of presentations and meetings
- Communicate proactively with all supporting teams to ensure required product or information is received by necessary deadlines
- Participate in prototype development and design from concept kick-off to final sample approval across Multiple brand lines, ensuring high quality, on-time completions.
- Bachelor's degree or 2-4 years of equivalent experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Power Point, Word and Outlook)
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
Skills & Abilities
- Passion for products and consumer insights (what do people need? Why? How? Where? When?)
- Must be a self-starter with the capacity to prioritize projects and meet deadlines
- Skill to successfully operate in a growing and evolving organization, handle multiple priorities, and work closely with peers and independently to achieve success
- Strong analytical skills, dedicated and enthusiastic with the ability to use thinking and reasoning to resolve a problem
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills and adept at altering style between working on the frontlines, with a customer or c-suite member
- Superb organization skills, detail oriented and ability to multitask in a fast-paced team environment
- Flexible and able to change priorities and direction quickly and effectively
- Comfort working in a matrixed organization with teams spread across at least three geographies
- Willingness and ability to travel around 25% of the time
- Interest to grow career outside of just electronics future assignments could be in eyewear, apparel, general merch, supplements, etc.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Life and long-term disability insurance
- 401k with company matching contributions
SRP Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities, Women, Protected Veterans, Disabled, Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employer.