Senior Buyer Material Planner
- 10-Jan-2020 to 10-Mar-2020 (MST)
- Lindon, UT, USA
- Full Time
Who We Are
At SRP, we are a national leader in store merchandising solutions in more than 50,000 retail locations across the U.S. and Canada since 1969. We provide fashionable eyewear, wireless accessories and other high demand products. We are committed to superior products and delivering platinum customer service. Our teammates focus and contribute to ensure our customers are satisfied while taking pride in our work, our products and dedication to customer service. We are steadily growing, and we need professionals like you to carry our vision forward. We provide extraordinary service and value to our customers. By joining our team, you will become part of a high energy group of people. This dedication has allowed SRP to establish a dominant brand and excellent reputation with large corporate customers as well as independent retailers. If you like to work in a high pace environment, this may be the career for you.
Our Mission Statement is to: Exceed Expectations through Passion, Performance and Profitability.
Who are we? We are SRP Companies and we want you to join our Team.
The question is who are you?
SRP Companies is currently looking for an experienced Supply Chain Buyer. This position is a key role within our strategic plan for efficient management of resources. An enthusiastic self-starter with a strong drive to improve existing processes and systems is highly desired. Excellent organizational skills, ability to balance immediate/long term priorities and exceptional multitasking skills are a necessity. Key objectives will be achieving/improving/exceeding targeted purchasing standards and goals, managing inventory levels and targets, and managing supply and demand within the product supply chain.
- Plan and execute procurement of finished goods from manufacturers and suppliers
- Maintain strong working relationships and communications directly with the manufacturers and suppliers to confirm production/shipping schedules and monitor open purchase orders for all orders to ensure on-time deliveries
- Develop and maintain a strong business relationship with domestic and international suppliers
- Proactively report product and material availability issues
- Maintain, monitor MRP reports; revise essential system planning data to ensure Oracle system is effectively planning future requirements
- Inventory Management
- Maintain purchase order status and shipment tracking information in Oracle ERP system
- Proactively provide supply status and shipment tracking.
- Coordinate with manufacturers and suppliers', assuring required legal documentation is current
- Participate and contribute to monthly Sales and Operations Planning process
- Complete special projects and assignments as requested
- Supply Chain Planning experience
- Strong analytical, planning and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills (oral & written)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (specifically Excel)
- Oracle system experience a plus (ERP, MRP)
- Self-starter with ability to work independently under pressure and react quickly to changing priorities
SRP Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities, Women, Protected Veterans, Disabled, Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employer.