Senior Human Resources Generalist
Do you have experience managing employee relations issues, and ensuring compliance with labor laws and regulations? Do you enjoy fostering a positive work environment? Would you like to be part of a great Human Resources Team?
Join SRP as a Senior Human Resources Generalist!
Driven by our mission to deliver exceptional value to our customers by providing innovative products and services.
Since our founding as a regional distributor of sunglasses in 1969, SRP has grown into an international leader providing in-store merchandising solutions to a wide variety of retail partners and their consumers. We have built relationships with thousands of international, national, and regional retailers who rely on our customized solutions in more than 60,000+ locations across the U.S. and Canada. With warehouse facilities in several states and service reps covering all regions of the country, there isn't a retail location we can't service.
For this role, we’ll look to you to:
- Provide human resources generalist support to primarily the Virginia Beach Distribution Center and additional business units.
- Conduct employee relations investigations and counseling.
- Assist in planning, organizing and implementing various employee programs.
- Coordination and administration of human resources policies and programs relating to staffing and recruiting, onboarding, leave administration, and employee and labor relations.
- In accordance with general labor law, provides accurate and timely information, interpretation, communication and administration of Human Resource policies and procedures and initiatives.
- Assist in the implementation and communication of various employee development programs and activities to increase employee engagement.
- Leads and supports training activities and maintains the training database; assists in leadership development initiatives. Leads initiative to update and maintain hourly on the job training and benchmarking process.
- Cultivate an HR culture of effective employee relations and manager partnership.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field.
- Minimum of 6 years of progressive human resources generalist experience (or combined education and experience), preferably in warehouse or manufacturing environment.
- HR certification (PHR and/or SHRM-CP) strongly preferred
- Strong knowledge of, and experience with, employment laws, regulations and HR best practices including: FMLA, ADA, AAPs, FLSA, EEOC, etc.
- Proven experience in employee relations including conflict resolution and conducting investigations.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills with ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to build relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Respect and promote diversity and inclusion.
- Ability to effectively and professionally write reports, business correspondences, and procedure manuals to audiences of salaried and hourly employees.
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from employees, managers, customers.
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities; self-directed and motivated.
- Ability to drive results and promote growth.
- Strong influencing ability, change management, and eliminating barriers at any organizational level. Ability to develop trusting relationships to gain support and achieve results at all levels of the organization. Experience in coaching, training, and developing employees preferred. Ability to take the initiative to identify and anticipate client needs and recommend solutions.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive employee information.
- Strong computer literacy including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and HRIS systems.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance required.
- Position is on-site, not remote/hybrid.
Benefits and Perks:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Company paid short term disability and life insurance
- Paid holidays and floating holidays
- Flexible PTO
- 401(k) with company match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employees are paid weekly
Join us, and let’s deliver data-driven retail solutions.
SRP’s mission is to deliver exceptional value to our customers by providing innovative products and services. Our vision is to empower our team to become the most admired provider of consumer products and distinctive retail solutions. It’s an exciting time for our company and if you’re ready to unleash your potential to help fulfil our mission and vision, apply today.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, political affiliation, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, or veteran (U.S.) status. The company will provide accommodation to applicants, including those with disabilities, during the recruitment process, in accordance with applicable laws.