Sr Systems Administrator
- 28-May-2021 to 27-Jun-2021 (MST)
- Virginia Beach, VA, USA
- Full Time
SRP Companies is looking for an experienced Sr. Systems Administrator to join our technical services team. The Sr. System Administrator maintains and supports the organizations multiple Linux (multiple variants) servers, windows servers, storage networks & databases. This position will work closely with the Director of IT to facilitate the forward movement and ongoing maintenance of SRP systems. This position will coordinate and assist in driving technical vision and execution in accordance with the SRP Technical Services strategic roadmap.
The Sr System Administrator will maintain and support our core infrastructure as well as provide support as necessary for end users and internal technical support personnel. This position will be located at our main distribution facility in Virginia Beach, Virginia.
This position will work in a high paced environment. The Sr. System Administrator will work closely with developers & IT staff, developing and maintaining file structures, scripting, and monitoring storage. The Sr. System administrator will be responsible along with other technical service team members to support multi-location environments with a large user base. Onsite support will be required at the Virginia Distribution Center location, as necessary and remote work will be an option when working in coordination with the Director of Information Technology.
- Work with Director of IT to manage the system administration group within the IT department
- Overseeing operation, scheduling and planning
- Lead the System Administration staff
- Work with Director of IT to design and implement strategies and infrastructure
- Work with InfoSec team to identify and eliminate security risks
- Works to increase user satisfaction based on our quarterly Platinum Customer Service surveys
- Evaluates System Administration team regarding performance plans and established goals
- Communicates within IT team and across departments as needed
- Assesses need for new equipment and software
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Direct and manage SRP technical administrators and provide guidance in relation to vulnerability management of server, operating system, platform technology using IBM (AlienVault SIEM), SD+ change control, Solarwinds, N-Central software.
What We Are Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field
- 10+ years of experience working in IT operations, especially focused on system administration.
- 3+ years in a leadership role, supervising technology teams, projects & strategic planning
- Excellent understanding of computer systems, security, network and systems administration
- databases and data storage systems, and telecommunications systems
- Strong Linux (Ubuntu, OEL) administration experience
- Must be familiar and well versed in virtualized and hyperconverged environments, particularly VMWare and Nutanix. Citrix experience is a bonus.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate with teams across the entire organization
- Excellent leadership and decision-making skills
- Strong knowledge of project management principles
- Programming and system architecture experience is preferred
A Career with SRP is Rewarding! We Offer:
- A fun and supportive culture
- Management support and one on one mentorship
- Immediate Health, Vision and Dental benefit plan
- 401K with a company contribution
- Holiday Pay
- And More....
More About SRP:
SRP is committed to outstanding products and delivering platinum customer service. Our teammates focus and contribute to ensure our customers are satisfied while taking pride in our work, our products and dedication to customer service. We are a growing company, and we need service professionals like you to carry our vision forward. By joining SRP you will become part of a high energy group of people. This dedication has allowed SRP to establish a dominant brand and excellent reputation with large corporate customers as well as independent retailers.