Warehouse Supervisor - Virginia Beach, VA
Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, supportive environment? Would you like to work for a fast-growing industry leader with stable market position? Join SRP Companies as a Distribution Center Supervisor.
Driven by our mission to deliver exceptional value to our customers by providing innovative products and services.
Since our founding as a regional distributor of sunglasses in 1969, SRP has grown into an international leader providing in-store merchandising solutions to a wide variety of retail partners and their consumers. We have built relationships with thousands of international, national, and regional retailers who rely on our customized solutions in more than 60,000+ locations across the U.S. and Canada. With warehouse facilities in several states and service reps covering all regions of the country, there isn't a retail location we can't service.
How you’ll contribute to deliver distinctive retail solutions
- Ensuring the sufficient resourcing of your function
- Identify training needs
- Stay on top of absence & performance management
- Coach and continuous monitoring of your department to create a greater culture of productivity
- You will oversee the daily operations in a functional area and lead a team comprised of Team Leads and Associates (20-25 total)
- You will report to and support a Department Operations Manager to ensure accurate product receipt and order fulfilment
- Support light assembly/kitting and the optimization of resources
- You will be responsible for team member safety
- Meet targets for your area
- You will develop your teammates by promoting a workplace of inclusion, diversity, collaboration, and continuous improvement to deliver success of the Company
- Will need to constructively critique your department as a whole: making you responsible for tracking, trending and reporting on departmental metrics and liaising with other departments to share learnings
- You will be dedicated to, and take personal responsibility for, meeting and exceeding production goals
Benefits and Perks:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Company paid short term disability and life insurance
- Paid holidays and floating holidays
- Flexible PTO
- 401(k) with company match
- Tuition Reimbursement
Join us, and let’s deliver data-driven retail solutions.
SRP’s mission is to deliver exceptional value to our customers by providing innovative products and services. Our vision is to empower our team to become the most admired provider of consumer products and distinctive retail solutions. It’s an exciting time for our company and if you’re ready to unleash your potential to help fulfil our mission and vision, apply today.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, political affiliation, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, or veteran (U.S.) status. The company will provide accommodation to applicants, including those with disabilities, during the recruitment process, in accordance with applicable laws.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in leiu of a degree
- Ability to deliver results, can handle both long and short-term multiple tasks, and demonstrate bias for action while working in a fast paced, occasionally ambiguous environment with conflicting priorities and requests You demonstrate keen attention to detail, initiative, and proactivity, and always insist upon the highest standards
- Should be comfortable challenging the status quo, you are always looking for ways to continuously improve and optimize processes
- You’re flexible - willing and able to work flexible schedules/shifts outside of your regular shift pattern, including nights and weekends, to support the needs of our customers
- Demonstrable problem solving and analytical skills
- Be customer focused; always mindful of our key objective to provide exceptional service to our customers
- An excellent verbal and written communicator, you’re able to handle multiple, occasionally conflicting tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ready to learn and be curious: you’re willing to train and learn new skills
- You are a strong people manager, able to earn trust
- You will possess experience in coaching and mentoring others to succeed, as well managing performance and employee engagement levels
- Leadership/supervisory experience in developing teams of 20+ within in a FC/DC or manufacturing environment